Tennis Forum banner

4761 - 4780 of 4805 Posts

·
Registered
15,245 Posts
Guys, one rhetorical question, even though it's probably lol :lol:

Do you think that Ana might, just MIGHT, consider returning from retirement some time after she gives a birth and takes a proper rest? I know it's probably highly unlikely, but does someone think of that at least as a possibility? :)

Ana will give a birth at the age of 30 years and 3 months (according to the media reports).

Even if she would decide to give it a try sometimes in 2019 or even 2020, she would be 31/32. Not too old at all, especially for today's standards in women's tennis.

*miss Anci a lot* :crying:

·
Registered
14,534 Posts

Do you think that Ana might, just MIGHT, consider returning from retirement some time after she gives a birth and takes a proper rest? I know it's probably highly unlikely, but does someone think of that at least as a possibility? :)

Ana will give a birth at the age of 30 years and 3 months (according to the media reports).

Even if she would decide to give it a try sometimes in 2019 or even 2020, she would be 31/32. Not too old at all, especially for today's standards in women's tennis.

:hug:

I don't think so, personally.

I mean, it's not impossible, but I really don't think she wants to. She's happy right now being a wife and soon to be mother. I'm also sad because I think she stopped playing too early, especially given the trends these days.

Still, I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope for a couple of more years sometime. But I'm not banking on it.

·
Registered
157 Posts

I'd say it's about 70/30 in favour of her not coming back at the moment. But if she sees that Serena and Vika can make winning returns after having kids, starts to miss tennis a bit more the longer she's away, and it gives her body a chance to heal, then that might go to about 50/50 or better.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Somone hears voices!!! What surprise? she's probably in her 25th week or so. And she looks very pregnant in the pictures above.

It's pretty obvious that her desire for maternity was the main cause of her retirement.. Returning to tennis is not likely to happen as she will be 31 at the start of the 2019 season. But who knows being a mother changes a lot of thing.

·
Registered
15,245 Posts
Somone hears voices!!! What surprise? she's probably in her 25th week or so. And she looks very pregnant in the pictures above.

It's pretty obvious that her desire for maternity was the main cause of her retirement.. Returning to tennis is not likely to happen as she will be 31 at the start of the 2019 season. But who knows being a mother changes a lot of thing.
It's most certainly not happening though. We all knew Ana wants to move on from tennis, I doubt that things will ever change, especially with so many things happening in her life right now. :) She seems to be full of plans businesswise too. If the news about her investments in hotels are true, that alone is huge.

I do admit that sometimes it crosses my mind how awesome would it be if Ana would give it a try for a season or two sometimes around Olympics 2020. She would be 32/33 at that time, definitely not old for tennis, especially for today's standards. But then again Ana was very clear that she wants to commit herself to other plans and areas in life, and for us is to respect that. I do hope that once her boy grows up a bit, Ana plays some exho matches and gives us a pleasure to see her on the tennis court few more times, to revive all the great memories. :)

4761 - 4780 of 4805 Posts