Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serbia and Montenegro’s Ana Ivanovic sealed her place in the final with an epic 60 16 1210 win over Viktoria Azarenko of the Ukraine in a match delayed from Friday. Ivanovic had to save match-points in the contest which she admitted afterwards was the strangest three sets she had ever experienced.

“It feels really great to come through that and it’s the kind of match that gives you a lot of confidence because I had to fight really hard,” she said. “The second set was closer than it looked but the third set was just a battle of nerves and I got a little bit lucky because I stayed the coolest.”
Ivanovic, who has never been in a junior grand slam final before, takes on the Ukraine’s Katerina Bondarenko in today’s final.

“It’s wonderful to be in a final and to still be in the tournament at this stage. After my semifinal I feel so good because I know I can play better and if I do that then I think I have a good chance.” :bounce:

·
Premium Member
11,132 Posts
after this she really shouldnt be playing juniors anymore...nothing to gain IMO

well done

·
Registered
417 Posts
nice one. GL in the final.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
good luck in the final :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
I agree that she should forget about juniors... maybe start with lower tiers tournaments or even a few more challengers, just to gain some more experience/confidence and better rankings of course and hopefully she will be able to qualify for US Open... and take if from there, see what she can do in the grown up league!

(..its was very starnge match yesterday; she was crying during one of her service games... really reminded me of Daniela's breakdows... just Ana managed to win, tears actually helped her, it seemed :) )

·
Registered
556 Posts
azza said:
:haha: losing 1-6 is a fight :retard:
it was indeed much closer than the scoreline suggests. she had break/game points in almost every game and it could have easily been 6-0 for ana, but Victoria played some good tennis in key moments....
tennis is a funny game, few points here and there mean a lot (they are what makes a difference between a good and a great player!)

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She won two 50k challengers in a row, beat Obata 6-0 6-0, lost to Frazier 6-4 6-1 and Frazier is in good form and lost to Barna 6-4 6-4 only problem she already played 10 tournaments. Good thing it's only 10k so she wont lose serious points until next year. Two 10k challengers falling off in August and 1 in september. She'll have 7 tournaments and about 125 points which is good. She can then start lower tiers. She will probably get a WC for a bigger tournamnet in october like she did last year

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
She needs just one solid result in the next couple of months and she's definitely in the qualies for US Open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts