Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many of you may not believe me when I say this, but I have changed my mind about Justine after tonight's match (which I predicted she would win). I have stated in the past that I didn't hate her, but I didn't like what she did in the French Open against Serena, but what I saw tonight is the difference between a great tennis player and a champion. Jennifer is a great tennis player, but Justine proved today that she deserves the title of champion. This is what we saw in Serena at the AO semifinal against Kim and what we saw in Venus at the Wimbeldon semifinal against Kim. She fought when she was down because she wanted it more than Jennifer (and deserved it). Thought she goes into tonight's final against Kim as the huge underdog (because the match took so long), I will be rooting for her to win because she clawed back when her back was against the wall.

It was a great match by both players and the best USO semifinal that I have seen to date (better than the Venus-Amelie semifinal from last year, even though I only saw highlights).

BTW, I won't forget what she did, but I have forgiven her.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
She's definitely hungry - but too hungry in my opinion. She will do anything to win...

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
lizchris said:
Many of you may not believe me when I say this, but I have changed my mind about Justine after tonight's match (which I predicted she would win). I have stated in the past that I didn't hate her, but I didn't like what she did in the French Open against Serena, but what I saw tonight is the difference between a great tennis player and a champion. Jennifer is a great tennis player, but Justine proved today that she deserves the title of champion. This is what we saw in Serena at the AO semifinal against Kim and what we saw in Venus at the Wimbeldon semifinal against Kim. She fought when she was down because she wanted it more than Jennifer (and deserved it). Thought she goes into tonight's final against Kim as the huge underdog (because the match took so long), I will be rooting for her to win because she clawed back when her back was against the wall.

It was a great match by both players and the best USO that I have seen to date semifinal to date (better than the Venus-Amelie semifinal from last year, even though I only saw highlights).

BTW, I won't forget what she did, but I have forgiven her.

Nice to see that people notice her great tennisgame :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
agree with everyone here. forget the final, Justine is the US Open Champion with that performance tonight........she is proved herself to be worthy of the word: CHAMPION. As Serena says to be the best, you gotta beat the best! aLLEZ!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks lizchris for that classy post! She fought so hard and duly deserved to win. I am glad more people are acknowledging Justine's wonderful game.

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're welcome to all who said nice things about my post.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I agree that proved that Justine is a champion and that's what champs do when they are down. Serena and Venus have done it countless of times. I don't see Jen as the same anymore because she doesn't have that when I'm down mentality to come back and win on a consistent basis. Justine has done it over and over all year especially against Kim. However I can't say I'm rooting for Justine. Sorry.

·
Banned
191 Posts
:claps for lizchris:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Great Lizchris. I think a lot of people appreciate this. She showed a great fighting-spirit last night. Fighting against a great player, against a though crowd, against an almost lost position and against cramps in her left leg. She made a huge statement by not asking a trainer on court.

It's great to see how your respect has grown after this unbelievable victory. It's nice to see people like this.

·
Registered
13,981 Posts
That was very sweet of you to say something like that. IMO everyone who did what Justine did last night deserves every bit of respect in the world. I'm so glad some of her non-fans admit this. People, everybody makes mistakes, why can't you just move on?

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, if some of you remember, I was the one who said that after it happened, yes, be mad, but after the FO was over, you have to move on becasue the match obviously can't be replayed and we must focus on Wimbeldon.

BTW, thanks again to everyone who liked my post.

Reactions: Filip!

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
lizchris said:
the what I saw tonight is the difference between a great tennis player and a champion. Jennifer is a great tennis player, but Justine proved today that she deserves the title of champion.

Ummm, do Jennifer's three grand slam singles titles and Olympic gold medal not qualify her as a champion then? At this stage she's more of a champion than Mrs Henin Hardenne who may well go on to surpass all that Jenny has achieved. Just because her time is not right now does not mean that Ms Capriati isn't a champion. Just poinitng something out, it's not intended to antagonize or creat an argument.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.