Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i arrived at RG about an hour ago and met up with with guy from HSBC who got me tickets. to my great excitement he has essentially unfettered access to essentially the entire roland garros site and he gave us a tour of players area and he also gave us media passes so today i can sit in at the interviews after the players matches, which i just find so exciting, although i don't think i can ask any questions. i am actually sitting in the media centre right now writing this message, although i am surprised that there are not that many people here at the moment. i just thought i would let you know, and maybe i can try and settle some debates about how players act in interviews etc. i am going to buy a digital camera so that i can post pics on the board when i get home, because i will be here for the whole tournament. i just hope that i can get this everyday!

this is like a dream come true! play is starting in half an hour, so our wait is almost over
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Cool ! I hope you will post your daily French Open report for everyone else here to read !

Thanks in advance :wavey:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
I stood in my frontyard, bags packed waiting and waiting for the BA to fly over but you never came :sad: :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,097 Posts
I am very jealous.
But hope you enjoy every second of it. And you will.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
switz said:
hi guys,

i arrived at RG about an hour ago and met up with with guy from HSBC who got me tickets. to my great excitement he has essentially unfettered access to essentially the entire roland garros site and he gave us a tour of players area and he also gave us media passes so today i can sit in at the interviews after the players matches, which i just find so exciting, although i don't think i can ask any questions. i am actually sitting in the media centre right now writing this message, although i am surprised that there are not that many people here at the moment. i just thought i would let you know, and maybe i can try and settle some debates about how players act in interviews etc. i am going to buy a digital camera so that i can post pics on the board when i get home, because i will be here for the whole tournament. i just hope that i can get this everyday!

this is like a dream come true! play is starting in half an hour, so our wait is almost over

I don't know. As much as I am happy for you I think it goes to show the "great security " measures there. Now I might be reading a little into your posts and getting irrational but I think when it comes to the safety of my favs then I am highly concerned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rebecca said:
Lucky you...to bad you weren't into mens tennis as well ;) (are you?)
i am rebecca. and am very pissed off right now because federer is already out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maccardel said:
I don't know. As much as I am happy for you I think it goes to show the "great security " measures there. Now I might be reading a little into your posts and getting irrational but I think when it comes to the safety of my favs then I am highly concerned.
don't worry i had to go through i few procedures before entering the players area, but to be honest most of the world is not quite as paranoid as many americans are. the reality is that you can't just isolate players from the whole world, and the fact is that most players feel perfectly safe walking around the complex without security guards.

+ i don't really fit the profile of an international terrorist and do you really think that terrorists are going to be targeting france at this point in time?

anyway i have seen a lot of tennis, but not too much great tennis unfortunately. serena, henin and mauresmo were all pretty rusty from what i saw, and will have to build with each match. i am about to go and watch patty play. i will try and post some kind of report when i get the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
Hi Switz

I am jealous ;) :D


I hope you can see evething and take great photos.
Enjoy!!!

Please if you see Martina HIngis , I hope you take some photos
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
switz said:
don't worry i had to go through i few procedures before entering the players area, but to be honest most of the world is not quite as paranoid as many americans are. the reality is that you can't just isolate players from the whole world, and the fact is that most players feel perfectly safe walking around the complex without security guards.

+ i don't really fit the profile of an international terrorist and do you really think that terrorists are going to be targeting france at this point in time?

anyway i have seen a lot of tennis, but not too much great tennis unfortunately. serena, henin and mauresmo were all pretty rusty from what i saw, and will have to build with each match. i am about to go and watch patty play. i will try and post some kind of report when i get the time.

ok that's comforting to the soul....
:lick: :wavey: :worship: ;)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top