1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lindsay Davenport To Play In Pilot Pen
Reported To Have Recovered From Knee Surgery

POSTED: 6:56 p.m. EDT May 12, 2003

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Tennis sensation Lindsay Davenport says she'll come to New Haven this summer for the Pilot Pen.

Tournament officials made the announcement Monday.

The 26-year-old Davenport has reached the finals in three of four appearances in the tournament. She fell to Venus Williams in all three matchups.

Davenport missed much of the 2002 season after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery in January. But she ended the season with a semifinal appearance in the U.S. Open.

Not much of a story but at least she is eagre to continue to play tennis as she is planning and committing way in advance.

GO Lindsay! :bounce:

-Rachel :wavey:

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
other commitments?i only know about Stanford and now Pilot Pen but i'm quite sure she'll play also LA,she has final pts to defend there.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Great news to hear of her commitments.

She has not committed to Eastbourne as yet. Jennifer Capriati tops the bill there at the moment, it was on BBC Ceefax 2 days ago. I do hope she goes to Eastbourne. Surely she will want some practice on grass before Wimby. Maybe she will go to Birmingham this time!

GO GO GO LINDSAY
:cool: :worship:

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that would be typicle if she desides to go to Birmingham instead! :rolleyes: I usually go there, but I have no plans to go this year since I have tickets to Wimbledon! :eek:

I can always go and pay on the "door" so to speak if she desides to play there. We'll see, I'm pretty sure she will play eastbourne......

-Rachel :waavey:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
PLz pray for play at eastbourne, i am going again. Last year was fab, although she didnt play.
Plz plz plz play lindz, i have a press pass!
beckl

·
Registered
663 Posts
Great news.

Hope she plays Eastbourne. She seems to have fun when she plays there

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I think Lindsay's summer schedule on the US hardcourts will be the same as last year: she'll play the Southern California swing - Stanford, San Diego, LA - and then go to New Haven the week before the Open.

I also hope Lindsay decides to play Eastbourne as a Wimbledon tune-up. After all the clay court tennis, it would be smart to compete at the Eastbourne warm-up tournament, before Wimbledon starts. Or maybe she wants to play Ordina this year? That usually has a better field with Kim, Justine, and Amelie.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Hope she plays Eastbourne or Birminghah, she ought to play one in front of Wimbledon, although Steffi didn't always play a warm-up before Wimbledon, though she did in the latter years of her careeer.

Lets go Lindsay
:wavey:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts