Tennis Forum banner

Amy Frazier (6) vs. Venus Willy (2): Who will win?

• Venus will upset Amy.

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Amy will embarrass Venus.

Votes: 12 30.8%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this match is very interesting. Amy nearly beat Venus and stopped her hot winning streak then. Of course, Venus is the favorite. However I have an itchy feeling that Amy will notch the upset of the tournament here.
what do you think?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Amy is a smart player, and she has stretched Venus to 2 tiebreaks in 2002, when Venus was at her peak. I think with Venus's confidence she will get through. But if Amy does get through I will not be surprised. :cool:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Venus should win in straight sets since I thought Anna would give her more of a challenge last night. However, if Venus' serve goes awry, Amy will have a chance.

·
Banned
6,175 Posts
lizchris said:
Venus should win in straight sets since I thought Anna would give her more of a challenge last night. However, if Venus' serve goes awry, Amy will have a chance.
Sam with Amys serve..if it goes awry this match will be over quickly..but if her serve is on target like it has been the last 2 matches then it will be a close contest :D :bounce:

GOGO FRYING PAN FOREHAND! :bounce: :bounce: :worship:

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
gogomaggie said:
I think this match is very interesting. Amy nearly beat Venus and stopped her hot winning streak then. Of course, Venus is the favorite. However I have an itchy feeling that Amy will notch the upset of the tournament here.
what do you think?
What people seem to forget is that Venus met up with Amy the week after that match in San Diego and beat her 6-2, 6-3. Nevertheless, Venus says it will be a tough match.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yeah when did Amy push Venus in 2002 it was not the summer hard court season thats for sure. Only one player pushed Venus then and that was Kim in SD. Any way it does depend on Amy serve if she can keep the DF down then she has a good chance.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Knizzle said:
When was this??
He meant 2000 at Stanford when Venus won 6-7 6-4 7-6.

But the two meetings after that were 6-2 6-3, and 6-1 7-5, and now today's was 6-3 6-1.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
My head says Venus; but weirder things have happened. ;)
Besides if Amy wins we will never hear the end of it up at GM.
Gosh- these Amy Frazier fans are kind of rowdy. :lol:

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
gogomaggie said:
what do you think?
Why do you put yourself out there for COMPLETE ridicule. You think you are railing against the sistah's, however, your track record is awfully funky.

·
Banned
6,175 Posts
Ballbuster said:
Why do you put yourself out there for COMPLETE ridicule. You think you are railing against the sistah's, however, your track record is awfully funky
He wasn't railing against Venus..he was just giving support to Amy...good luck against Lindsay V :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts