Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amy is my favorite so naturally I'm gonna root for her. But as far as prediction, I have to go with Elena. But I think at least Amy will put up a good fight and make it close. It would be a pleasant surprise if Amy pulled this out. I know Elena is the better player but just like Amy, she's inconsistent and depending on which Elena shows up as well as which Amy shows up, it could be anyone's guess.
I'm glad the USTA decided to put the match in Arthur Ash. I think Amy deserves it not only because she's american but she has contributed so much to the game thru her long long career.
Go Amy. Prove me wrong big time!!!

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
They will show this match.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Elena will win...... Although it was a struggle in the previous round for her.... she pulled it out at the end with a convincing winning score 6-0 in the 3rd set....

Also, being into consecutive semi-final appearances in the two tuneup tournaments before the US Open, and an improved serving skill..... Elena is confident right now!!!

And I am sure she will give Jennifer in the 4th round a tough test!!!

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
depends on a number of factors. if frazier is playing well then she very well could knock off dementieva IMO. frazier is the type of player who has the game to take advantage of elena's soft second serve. i think dementieva will sneak through, but wouldn't be shocked by an upset

·
Registered
297 Posts
bis2806 said:
They shouldn't put amy-dementieva on arthur ashe.... i mean hello :rolleyes: mary and asagoe should be there....
Amy Frazier represents USA and Elena is a seeded player..... I would put this match-up rather than Pierce vs. Asagoe on Arther Ashe...

But I am a bit surprise that they put Justine's match in Grandstand... isn't she the No.2 seed and the current French Open champion!!!??? :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Elena will win this match, but it won't be because she played better, but because her opponent played worse.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
When Amy is on she is an incredibly dangerous player to contend with. Elena has to be aggressive from the onset and will have to exploit Amy's rather one-dimensional game.

But if Elena is off at all in her own game, Amy will have her for lunch.....

·
Banned
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just hope Amy will get off to a good start which is the key to her winning.

·
Banned
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amy is playing well.... though she has choked a few times already

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Amy will lose this match and I will tell you why. She could have won this match 6-4, 6-4 since she was up a break in each set and considering what I saw in the first set tiebreak, I am not expecting much in the second.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.