26,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sori's Story will start in Indian Wells

R1 vs. BYE
R2 vs. Medina Garrigues or Q

·
Registered
805 Posts
Sori is 0-1 vs. Medina Garrigues. Lost 7-5 in 3rd at Madrid last year (blue clay).

Given Garrigues' recent form, however, a qualifier could be just as likely her opponent. Radwanska probable opponent in round 3.

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
She won 4-6 6-3 6-1 :D :yippee: Was fearing the worst after that 1st set :eek:, so glad she turned it around! :drool:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
She just won her game 4-6 6-3 6-1 but does she really have to lose the first set all the time?!
Ups, I did not see the post above.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
She likes more winning after losing the first set :)

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Evens her h2h against Anabel to 1-all.

Maria Sanchez or Aga next. :)

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a pretty good win, in my opinion.

Nothing to lose now against Radwanska.

She reached R3 and that's more or less what I would expect from her in Miami as well keeping in mind that she will have to face a Top 8 opponent in R3 on both ocassions.

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, that's the problem of being seeded between 25 and 32.

Your chances to go to round R3 are huge, but to go further you have to have on 1000% of your game. Pity she couldn't pull it off, but it's a good result that shows what she is capable on even on slower surfaces.

Looking forward to Miami and the following clay season.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Hard luck Sori. It seems like she played quite a good match today, judging from the scoreline.
Yup. It could have ended with 5-1 in the third, though. But, yeah, a lot of great points, long rallies, dropshots, patience etc. One could barely recognize her :lol: Too bad she couldn't serve well one more time after coming back from 1-5. But you have to give credit to Aga, she was really aggressive in that last game.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
I've given up on Sorana a long time ago but yeh, one thing I noticed watching a bit of the 1st set was that she was very patient and willing to rallye :eek: Has she been doing that a lot recently ? Cause I haven't watched her much in the past months.

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've given up on Sorana a long time ago but yeh, one thing I noticed watching a bit of the 1st set was that she was very patient and willing to rallye :eek: Has she been doing that a lot recently ? Cause I haven't watched her much in the past months.
I don't know, it seems to depend on her mood, but she can rally. I mean she doesn't have an obvious weak spot like Goerges' backhand which wouldn't allow her to do so, even though her foot work isn't the best.
People also seem to forget that the very early Sorana when she started playing on the tour had a much more balanced game, but not that powerful than today. She started smacking the ball, but lost plot on her point construction for a long time.

But still, she has sets, mostly the opening sets against lower ranked players where she is just impatient or not into the match at all and just bashes as hard as possible (see this year against Pliskova, Jabeur, Bratchikova etc.)
However, she is mostly able to turn things around these days which is nice to see.

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
R2 in Miami against Parmentier or Qualifier. Couldn't have been much easier to be honest.

Possible R3 against Kerber.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts