Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 977 Posts

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I never watched this show until last week, I swear. But I enjoy rankings and competition and horrible decisions (am I not the Oscar expert? :p) and this show has all of that in spades. :D

Let's talk about Vanessa being the first booted. I saw the second half of the show last night, and she was one of my favorites. But I was chatting with one of my fag hags, who has the most vanilla, all-American, terrible taste ever. Whatever she likes in music, movies, TV, boys etc. is what the majority of Americans admire -- the most middling of pop culture. She HATED Vanessa, and she fucking adores this hideous Corey person, who is a bad singer and not even hot!

And watching today, it was clear Vanessa was being railroaded and that Corey is one of the participants with the dreaded EEEEEEEEE! supporting him. You know that EEEEEEEEEEE! -- it's what you hear from zillions of giddy teens when Justin Timberlake or Drew Barrymore or Usher walk out of their limo. EEEEEEEEEEEE! (I stole the EEEEEEEEEEE! from www.televisionwithoutpity.com -- best site ever; my boy Shack does the AI recaps.)

Anyway, Corey has crazy EEEEEEEEEEEE! and he'll go as far as his non-threatening looks and falsetto take him. I think it will be enough to get him into the Top Five, with the three people who deserve it -- Trenyce, Clay, and Ruben -- and that lame-o military dude. If jingoism swells, he could win.

But my desperately early prediction is for Ruben.

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
Kimberly is a bad singer too. :eek: i think Ruben can win.. he had this amazing voice..

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I am sorry but Ruben better not win. I don't think he would survive the first month of being American Idol. He would hit the ground from a heart attack. He was just sweating sitting there tonight from the stress of waiting for the results. One more thing, someone has got to tell him that he can't wear a 205 Jersey every fucking show!!! Ugh, great voice but sorry, Ruben is not Idol material.

Even Kelly Clarkson had a very hard time dealing with being American Idol at first. She was being run around everywhere like crazy and got quite sick from all the stress and she, obviously, is much healthier than Ruben. I am worried enough about him doing the American Idol tour, assuming they do one again this coming year. That alone may be enough to put him over the edge.

I was a little upset Vanessa got booted out, I really liked her voice. I didn't expect or want her to win so I guess I wont do too much complaining.

I can't stand Corey. He is another sideshow Bob contestant, just like Guarini was last year. Corey can sing a little better than Guarinin in some aspects, such as having more range. However, he sings way too high for me and it just gets on my nerves. I hope to God he doesn't win, but I know he wont be kicked out for a few more week at the least.

I was upset to see Kimberly Locke in the bottom three. She is by far one of the top three vocalists in the final group of 12. She just didn't sing a song last night that would show off her voice, or anyone's voice for that matter. I am not too upset though, she is saving her voice and can blow them away in the coming weeks.

Unlike last year, there are so many people I can't wait to get rid of. Last year I wanted about 2-3 people out and then I wanted the final 7 to remain forever! This year I want so many gone, starting with "Hercules" Ricki, and then moving on to "Sideshow Bob" Corey. Next I would have to take out Julia, who appeared dead on Tuesday and hasn't displayed any real range. Grigsby is just another one I can't wait to get rid of. He is alright but does nothing for me vocally.

When it gets down to the final 5, it will be quite an amazing display out there.

By the way, Kelly Clarkson debuts her new single next week LIVE on American Idol. I, for one, can not wait to see and hear her perform. I've been waiting for new material since she won the show way back when! Yippee!!!!

Oh my god, this is my longest post ever. It just goes to show how much I love American Idol.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I am so tired of idiols :eek:

·
Banned
986 Posts
Hey this is fun! :bounce: Well I'm totally not ashamed to say I've seen every episode of AI #1 and AI #2. :D Of all the reality shows this is my fav type. Anything to do with music rocks in my opinion. :) Before I talk about AI #2 I gotta shout out Popstars which I'm totally missing. :sad:

Popstars #1 and Eden's Crush

Get Over Yourself rocked but I never thought it was #1 like they said it was. :rolleyes: I saw Nicole the lead singer on My Wife and Kids in the ep were they go to Hawaii and Nicole was also on Half and Half as one of Dee Dee's posse. I totally don't know what the other girls are doing but I hope Ana Maria and Ivette get record and what not.

Popstars #2 and Scene 23

I felt totally sorry for these guys because they thought they were gonna be big but Popstars didn't even try to promote them. The single I thought sucked but their video was the bomb. I really hope Monika and Donovan can get deals. For you guys who watch One On One did you guys see Josh from Scene 23 as Breanna's bf? Totally cute couple! :D

Now to AI #2. Last night I thought the 3 who were gonna get voted out would be Charles, Vanessa and Carmen. I just wasn't feeling them. Hurley I was surprised it was Vanessa to go because I thought ppl would look at her like the Nikki of this show. (Nikki was from AI #1 and she had wild hair like Vanessa's and Nikki made it all the way to the final 3)

I don't think Corey is all that. His looks do totally nothing for me and singing is ok.

Trenyce is my girl and my pick to win if she keeps her nerve. She totally reminds me of Tamyra from AI #1 who could've won had she not messed up on some lyrics (she got kicked out in the final 4).

Clay rocks even if he's funny-looking. Those ears! :angel:

Ruben can sing but I actually like "Hercules Hercules" brotha better than him as far as singing.

Josh the marine is cute and reminds me of Carlos my ex from high school. I was totally feeling him when he sang I'll Be (so Dawson's lol) a few weeks ago. :) Did you notice that Simon told Josh to lose weight but didn't say that to Ruben. CTFU! :rolleyes:

I think Kimberly Lock's gonna really show them next week. I think she was nervous because the sista can sing. :D

I'll predict now that next week the 3 will be Charles (he's too small and too shy), Carmen (I so hate the way she stands when sings kinda hunched over with her butt sticking out) and Julia (just kinda boring).

Ok this is getting way too long. :eek: I wanna say before I post that now that this is the second AI I'm totally realizing that AI is fixed in a lot of ways because it doesn't really matter if the singers are all that. They just gotta have a balance of ppl that are nice or interesting to look at. I think the ppl that make AI when they have the auditions already know who they're gonna pick and I could even see them cheating with the votes that are phoned in. I could see them like "You know we can't have Kimberly Caldwell go out too early because she's pretty so let's change the votes". It sucks but the music industry is totally corrupt like that. :mad: Simon only picked Carmen as his wc because she was blonde and he needed a blonde white girl to balance it out. Julia Demato is a little ethnic looking and ppl could think she was Hispanic :rolleyes: If Carmen wasn't there it would've been just Kimberly Caldwell and that doesn't look right for TV. Lol :p I think the thing all these ppl who go to do AI have to remember is that they're just game show contestants really. The prize is awesome but it's not like stardom's totally guaranteed. Look at Eden's Crush and Scene 23. :sad: Then that movie with Kelly and Justin that's coming out in April looks corny but we'll see what happens to Kelly, Justin, Tamyra (who's been great on Boston Public), etc.

What's wrong with yelling for Justin Timberlake and Usher??? Jealous? :p
TYRESE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :angel:

·
The Smiling Assassin, Administrator
4,790 Posts
i want carmen out! :( i dont why simon picked her as is his wild card! realllyy!

·
Premium Member
19,765 Posts
Rueben is the best singer on the show hands down. My prediction is that he will get to the top 2 and it will be between him and that blond chick Kimberly Caldwell(who I think sucks butt).

Trenyce is also very polished and accomplished. She seems so professional, but I think in the end she will be voted out because she doesn't fit the "American Idol" sterotype.

Corey, and Hercules need to go home. I am just not feeling coreys falsetto, sorry and I know all the little girls are feeling him but he sounds horrible. I will say that Hercules(my nickname for him) is winning over america moreso with his personality than singing. He will stay around for a while but he will be gone when it gets tight.

Kimberly Lock is also the bomb. She has a very fiery voice, but she chose the wrong song. I hope she can pick it up next week. She can't afford to fuck up again, because America will not vote her in again.

Vanessa got voted out because her performance was also shaky, and I thought on the 30 minute show she performed better but it was too late. You fuck up on one performance and you are in danger of going home. Too bad because Vanessa was pretty good.

And the Military GUY, and clay sucks. Sorry. Why does the military guy have to let you know he serves his country every time he performs? Also he can't sing all that IMO. And Clay just really needs a makeover. He really shouldn't go on national tv looking like plain jane. Otherwise his voice is great.

I think the Military guy has a good chance of taking it all since we are now in war. If he wins, then I guess we will all know why. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
986 Posts
Hey harloo! :wavey: Now you know the peeps at AI are hoping that Marine Guy gets called to war because it'll rock the ratings. :rolleyes:

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
lmao...

do you guys think with simon, the show is better? I mean without his hot and pain critics the show will be soo boring

Can u guys list you top 5 favourite

Mine are :
1. Ruben
2. Treynece
3. Kimberly Locke
4. hate to say but i think Corey is a great singer :eek:
5. the last one is Clay

the military guy doesn't know how to sing :eek: I hope he get booted out but i really like the way he hit back at simon

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh God...if either Marine dude or CorEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!y wins...I'm moving.

I think it will come down to Ruben and Trenyce because hip-hop is in and these two have the most soul. I think Trenyce would be a perfect American Idol, she's pretty and soulful and got a great look. If I start voting, it will probably be for her.

Remember that Justin Guarini had the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! for a very long time last year, but when it got down to picking the American Idol, the girl who can sing got it...

I really shouldn't care. Whoever wins is going to make horrible music. :D

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My favorites are:

1. Trenyce
2. Ruben
3. Clay
4. Honestly, I feel really bad for Carmen. LOL...I hope she can keep going for a little while longer. She is pretty terrible, but obviously a lot of people feel the same way because she didn't even make bottom 3 last night!

I would round out my Top Five with Vanessa ranked somewhere in 2-4, but she's gone and I'm not replacing her. Vanessa, you rock! :kiss:

·
Banned
986 Posts
Hurley if the AI peeps picked Corney for these white girls that go EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! lol (sistas roll in a different way heh-heh when showing mad love) they could've at least picked a light skinned brotha that was a hottie like Blakey. Corey is so corny and those cornrows? :rolleyes: CTFU! ;)

·
Queen Diva on High
4,097 Posts
Oohh..ooohh..American Idol freaks..

Firstly - I agree with Hurley's first post. Trenyce, Rueben and Clay came off the best with their last performances. I love all three of them.

Julia is overrated, Carmen is there because of her perky ass and I thought Kimberly Locke performed horribly this last time. I just wasn't feeling her. I was kind of hoping they'd boot Kimberly or Julia and keep Vanessa. I loved her song.

I think Kimberly Caldwell is underrated. She really can sing and she looks very comfortable on stage. She's not my fave but definitely did not deserve to be booted over Julia in the prelims.

I love Rickie and think he sings spectacularly. I don't mind Corey. He does have a sexiness factor that I can't exactly pinpoint.

The marine is a good singer but his overly patriotic press film about made me gag..lol.

I'm addicted :eek:

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From televisionwithoutpity.com, here is Shack's mini-recap of last night's show (the full recap of the week will be up in a couple days). I knew he'd be pissed:

Dear American Idol:

I'm writing to let you know that following the results of the first evening of the finals, I'm afraid I am left with no choice but to withdraw my endorsement and cut all ties with this show. It's not that I thought Vanessa Olivarez should win the competition or that she deserved me -- after all, I occasionally place value on personality traits like "restraint." However, for the public to reject a contestant with talent and personality in favor of contestants like Corey, Carmen, and Julia, who possess neither -- well, I haven't been this horrified since I was tricked into attending the MTV Movie Awards. Yes, Clay, Trenyce, and Ruben all have appealed to me in various facets. But I regret to inform that I will not allow my name to be used in connection with any performer from this season. I just would not be able to live with myself knowing that I was invoked as part of a show where the awful and worthless are openly elevated as the future of music.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
(Eeeeeeee!)

:hearts: Shack :hearts:

·
Premium Member
19,765 Posts
Hurley said:
From televisionwithoutpity.com, here is Shack's mini-recap of last night's show (the full recap of the week will be up in a couple days). I knew he'd be pissed:

Dear American Idol:

I'm writing to let you know that following the results of the first evening of the finals, I'm afraid I am left with no choice but to withdraw my endorsement and cut all ties with this show. It's not that I thought Vanessa Olivarez should win the competition or that she deserved me -- after all, I occasionally place value on personality traits like "restraint." However, for the public to reject a contestant with talent and personality in favor of contestants like Corey, Carmen, and Julia, who possess neither -- well, I haven't been this horrified since I was tricked into attending the MTV Movie Awards. Yes, Clay, Trenyce, and Ruben all have appealed to me in various facets. But I regret to inform that I will not allow my name to be used in connection with any performer from this season. I just would not be able to live with myself knowing that I was invoked as part of a show where the awful and worthless are openly elevated as the future of music.

ROTFLMAO! Can this person be serious? Geesh it's just a show. IMO, you shouldn't get too caught up in it.

HI RAE :wavey: :)
You are right because they probably announce that the marine has to go to war to get ratings. lol. It's the same way they did Frenchie, because FOX knew beforehand that she showed her tah-tahs on that website, but all of the sudden it's a problem. Yeah right! They just wanted to create some controversy and get more viewers.

Hey what does everyone think about Charles? I think he is a good singer, but needs to work on presentation. He is very mellow IMO. I also think he is part Asian, so maybe asian fans are voting for him also. Never could hurt.

Also the reason I don't like Kimberly Caldwell too much is because of the way she acted at the beginning of the show towards Julia. She was very nasty, and thought she was a sure bet to make it. I'm sorry but it was so funny when she wasn't in the top 10. I already knew she would be picked for the wildcard, and I still think she has a great chance.

My top 5

Rubin
Trenyce
Kimberly Locke
Julia Dmato
Charles

People who should go home
Corey
Hercules
Carmen
Military dude! LOL

·
Premium Member
19,765 Posts
Hurley said:
Harloo, you can see that it's signed by the EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ;)
ok hurley who is the eeeeeeeeeeee?LOL

Are you referring to young little girls who are fanatics of the show?

1 - 20 of 977 Posts