Tennis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone says the French crowds are bad, well the American crowd at the moment is just as bad! They are booing every time Justine serves a fault, and they are yelling out half way through points! That's just not on!!! Stupid people! Even the commentators here are saying it's rude!

·
Registered
16,124 Posts
I second that

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think people thought they were dishing it back at Henin for what happened in the French Open. Also, people were dying for an American in the final. There is not going to be much interest in the final now. I got to the match in the 2nd set. From what I heard, the crowd was neutral in the beginning. The cheering for Capriati increased as the match went on.

Being in the stadium, I did not think it was that bad. The Moroccans cheering for El Aynoui (spelling?) are much more aggressive and rude.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Americans are only envious :)

Every country can't have Juzu and Kim.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Smart said:
Americans are only envious :)

Every country can't have Juzu and Kim.

that's a smart remark ;)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Yeah, we're SO envious, when we've been dominating women's tennis for the last five years...Anyways, I think ever since Sept. 11th, Americans are on this patriotic roll, and they really only cheer for Americans. Add that to the fact that a few people probably had a little too much to drink that late at night...

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
LOL. They can't hold their liquor either. ;)

·
Registered
12,908 Posts
It wasnt as bad as the French but still it was pretty rude. I think they were just giving back to Justine what happened at the French Open, also bc they wanted an American in the final after Lindsays disappointing effort. Jen was really inciting the crowd too, trying to get everyone on her side. She looked like she made a conscious effort to wear American flag colours just to get them on her side.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Two wrongs don't make a right. Unfortunately the US crowd does not know this. I think it is the same in most countries, individually people are lovely but get them in a huge crowd in a stadium and all hell breaks loose!!

It's like in ancient Rome - gladiatorial contests were used to keep the lower classes out of mischief so they were able to have a good rant whilst not threatening the leader(s)! Some things never change!!

·
Registered
122,500 Posts
You can't judge all American sports fans based on the few thousand you see and hear at a tennis tournament.
But like all sports fans, if they think they can influence the result, they'll make a lot of noise.

·
Registered
151,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Johno_uk said:
Americans being loud, noisy, and not knowing to show respect and shut up?!

Surely someone has made a mistake!
lmao true! ;)

But what people were saying about it's just the Americans being patriotic is tish! You can be patriotic and cheer for the player from you country WITHOUT being so rude as to cheer a fault! Aussies are really patriotic in sports, but most won't sit there and cheer when the opponent of the Aussie hits a fault!

·
Banned
2 Posts
inkyfan said:
lmao true! ;)

But what people were saying about it's just the Americans being patriotic is tish! You can be patriotic and cheer for the player from you country WITHOUT being so rude as to cheer a fault! Aussies are really patriotic in sports, but most won't sit there and cheer when the opponent of the Aussie hits a fault!
You people have such double standards. Did you all say this when the French crowd did this to Serena? What goes around comes around.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
IMO, both american and french crowds are bad, really bad! Thats y i like wimbledon, they have such curteous fans there, its great.

·
Registered
151,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dedecool2003 said:
You people have such double standards. Did you all say this when the French crowd did this to Serena? What goes around comes around.
Jesus christ! Did you even read my first post??? The first thing i said was "Everyone say the French crowds are bad"...and as a matter of fact I have been saying for YEARS that the French crowds are bad...not just to Serena either! So untie your knickers from that knot mate!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not saying the NYC crowd wasn't bad...but come on, it's not even nearly as rude as the french crowd!!

·
Registered
24,739 Posts
so quick are we to forget the australian crowds that cheer faults and booed serena williams after her impressive comeback against the nearly aussi kim??? wimbledon crowds are rude whenever tim is playing-- they only seem to have 2 players so they go more for the tennis than for the cheering and getting excited about it. wimbledon crowds in the same way are the most boring. often times, a semi obnoxious crowd makes for a better match with heightenend interest. no crowd is perfect-- if you think that, you are blind!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.