Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few weeks ago, Serena was talking about going undefeated for the year and winning the rest of the slams. However she has now lost 2 out of her last 5 wta event matches. Talk about the rest of the players bringing Serena back to earth in impressive fashion. Serena has lost her edge, 2 out of the last 5, that's alarming.

Amelie should dedicate this win to Richard Williams who insulted all the players last week. If it weren't for his arrogance & insults (not towards the players, but also the white tennis fans), I wouldn't have felt the need for this post. Well done Amelie.

Reactions: Sam L and Maajken

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a few weeks ago, Serena was talking about going undefeated for the year and winning the rest of the slams. However she has now lost 2 out of her last 5 wta event matches. Talk about the rest of the players bringing Serena back to earth in impressive fashion. Serena has lost her edge, 2 out of the last 5, that's alarming.

Amelie should dedicate this win to Richard Williams who insulted all the players last week. If it weren't for his arrogance & insults (not only towards the players, but also the white tennis fans), I wouldn't have felt the need for this post. Well done Amelie.

Reactions: joaco

·
Registered
694 Posts
selesrules said:

Amelie should dedicate this win to Richard Williams who insulted all the players last week. If it weren't for his arrogance & insults (not towards the players, but also the white tennis fans), I wouldn't have felt the need for this post. Well done Amelie.

Excellent Post!!!

YAY MOMO!!! I am glad you brought big-head back down to earth! Keep humbling her, it's great!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :wavey:

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Great job Amelie and great post selesrules.:D Vamos Amelie, hopefully she can play this level at Roland Garros and maybe beat Serena again.;)

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
No bull shit from Amelie :D
She prooved her commitments!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Honestly SR, I get so tired of you slamming the Williams sisters. Why don't you just come out and admit that you don't like them? Instead you consistently insult them and then turn around and say you are provoked into doing so.

Yes, Serena stated that she wanted to go the entire year undefeated. Is that a crime? To me, that statement demonstrates a lot of self-confidence in her game. There is nothing wrong with having that goal. I'm sure that even Serena realized that this goal would not be obtainable, but tried for it anyway.

As for Richard Williams, Serena and Venus are his children. Of course, he is going to say that they are the best players in the world and that they have raised the bar in tennis. What do you want him to say? That other players are better than his daughters? Have you ever heard any tennis parent say that?

And please, once and for all, stop with the constant demeaning remarks about Serena's body. You are always making insulting references to her breasts, etc. If you don't like her, fine, but stop with the insults about her looks.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Don't celebrate too much. Because Mauresmo is not going to repeat this feat at the FO. Remember she has a dismal record against the williams
and If you look at this match with a critical eye , serena let her in after a 21 minute first set and serving for the match in the second and not holding much of her serve in the third. I mean she practically let the match out of her racket. Do you really think Momo will repeat this at a slam? Momo eked out this victory but It ain't happening next I gurantee you. So salivate for now but remember momo never wins the biggies 'cause she is mentally frail.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Serena's game is all about her UE's man...sometimes it gets out of control, sometimes she can control them.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
She may have a dismal record against the Williams but this win may have given her the confidence to know that she can beat Serena at least. Never underestimate the power of one win.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Just keep telling yourselves that this will not happen again. The UE's will happen especially on clay. Momo's heavy topspin gets in her opponents legs ESPECIALLY if you like to climb all over those shots and try to go for low percentage shots off of them when getting pushed back. I do still consider Serena ONE of the Faves at roland garros but he is no longer the clear favorite given the sterling form of JUJU and MOMO on the red dirt. These girl are no longer scared of Serena and have overcome their mental frailties. Only Momo may still be scared at the French but overall they are much stronger mentally now. Serena also has to worry about KIM CLIJSTERS and JENNIFER CAPRIATI on clay. And even players like Zvonareva, Emilie Loit or Venus (if healthy) or Dementieva could trouble her.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
great win amelie :D

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
ohh pfff

Whatever

Selesrules, the only thing i agree with you on is that Monica rocks,but other than that, your a total nutcase

Richard may be off, but he's been right about EVERYTHING and he will continue to be

V and Rena aren't going to win everything, but their going to keep their losses to a minimal. V has won atleast SIX titles a year since 99 and Rena atleast 3 since 99
they have met in the last 4 GS finals and V has been in the last 8 out of 11. THEY'RE DOMINATING!
Venus probably would've gotten Warsaw but she was injured and Serena Rome had her UE been at a minimum. As much as I like Amelie and i really really do, her 6-2 6-1 SPANKING at Wimbledon (THATS A SPANKING!) will always happen if Venus and Serena aren't off. Since she lost the first set 6-1 thats obvious. Shes a really good player, and i hope she can get to #3 but even on clay she cant beat them when they're playing at 75%

oh and dont fret naysayers.
Should Ai beat Kim today its still more likely than not that we have an all-williams final

so GET USED TO IT!!

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
ahhhhhh Sweet.

I was waiting for the "Serena gave it away" and "Serena was off" posts.

Thanks for not disappointing me. :)

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
i wouldnt say she spanked serena's butt, but a great win for amelie :)

i agree about richard being an ass, but no need to insult serena...she was just setting high standards for herself as she should, becuase she still is the best player in womens tennis...

1 - 20 of 129 Posts