Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finally - Just finally saw the 'new' more confident Amelie in action.

I managed to download Her match against Hingis from Doha, in the viedos thread. I'll probably get a warning in the morning from hall wardens about blocking the internet, but deal lord it was worth it.

Amelie... WOW. He backhand was on fire.. it hasn't been that good for a while, not even at the YEC. There is less tension in it, and she is opening her shoulders more, and swinging from the same place, so hingis really couldn't read the direction. She is moving amazingly, well, playing very ***intelligently*** That required empahsis, because she was hitting the ball in all sorts of unexpected places to keep Hingis thinking + Tired. Her forehand looked a little flatter - either that or she was using more power, because the ball was travelling very quickly.

I haven't seen Amelie play that well ... Ever! She put up some good fights in 2004, 2005 THAT I SAW - but never played that well.

She has really.. improved. She is a much more confident player. She also came to the net more voluntarily - something that would be hard to do, even if you were pointing a gun at her.

I am Just VERY Impressed, and i hope she brings this form to Miami. I can see her beating just about anyone.

I am just really impressed. She is a serious contender for the title, and don't be surprised if she gets it... IF of course she plays as well as i have just seen.

Brilliant. Keep it up Amelie!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Oh oh... for those who have the match... that point in the second when she saves break point at 3-2 up, from 30-40 down. That is what i am talking about!! WOW :eek: :eek:

Reactions: Yasmine

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
But Kudos to Martina. I think her result will greatly improve of other sufaces, such as Clay, maybe grass... and the indoor carpet courts.

Hardcourts maybe still a bit a of a challenge.

And that hand shake was a little... icy.

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
Momo's bh was on fire in that match :hearts:
just lovely :drool:

Reactions: galadriel

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hablovah said:
just lovely :drool:
:lol: Cute :p

But it really was. Amelie, please bring that form to Miami!!! She would have a GREAT shot for the title. Notice i say would... no jinxing here!

:)

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
Marshmallow said:
I just finally - Just finally saw the 'new' more confident Amelie in action.

I managed to download Her match against Hingis from Doha, in the viedos thread. I'll probably get a warning in the morning from hall wardens about blocking the internet, but deal lord it was worth it.

Amelie... WOW. He backhand was on fire.. it hasn't been that good for a while, not even at the YEC. There is less tension in it, and she is opening her shoulders more, and swinging from the same place, so hingis really couldn't read the direction. She is moving amazingly, well, playing very ***intelligently*** That required empahsis, because she was hitting the ball in all sorts of unexpected places to keep Hingis thinking + Tired. Her forehand looked a little flatter - either that or she was using more power, because the ball was travelling very quickly.

I haven't seen Amelie play that well ... Ever! She put up some good fights in 2004, 2005 THAT I SAW - but never played that well.

She has really.. improved. She is a much more confident player. She also came to the net more voluntarily - something that would be hard to do, even if you were pointing a gun at her.

I am Just VERY Impressed, and i hope she brings this form to Miami. I can see her beating just about anyone.

I am just really impressed. She is a serious contender for the title, and don't be surprised if she gets it... IF of course she plays as well as i have just seen.

Brilliant. Keep it up Amelie!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Oh oh... for those who have the match... that point in the second when she saves break point at 3-2 up, from 30-40 down. That is what i am talking about!! WOW :eek: :eek:
All this amelie stuff can be given a rest but if that is you in your avatar why have you stolen Melanie's hair :confused:

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pav said:
All this amelie stuff can be given a rest but if that is you in your avatar why have you stolen Melanie's hair :confused:
Well she bet her hair that Martina would never return, she lost that bet, and like to rub it in!

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
Marshmallow said:
Well she bet her hair that Martina would never return, she lost that bet, and like to rub it in!
That explains it, but I think it almost looked better on her!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts