Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
``Everything went wrong for me,'' Williams said. ``I was making too many errors and struggling with my serve. I guess that sums it up. You can't win a match with a second serve.

``There was nothing in particular she did. When I lose a match it's usually because of how I played. In the end it's better to lose in Rome than in Paris.''

Ok, Rena could've been more gracious, but after beating Mauresmo 6-2 6-1, 6-3 6-2 and then only giving away 8 points in that first set, you gotta believe her

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Amelie DID beat Venus, injured or not. Amelie will choke in Paris, but it would be nice for her to play well there for once.;)

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Serena is back to her old choking ways :rolleyes: :sad:
She'll have to seriously pick up her game before RG.

Anyway congratulations Amelie you deserved the win :)

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No she did not, Venus stopped playing she withdrew, so how does that count as a win?

pff anyway V and Rena will shut up the haters in their 5th straight All-Williams Final, or at worst All-Williams Semi-Final and Venus will win and will spank whomever she meets in the Final :worship:

but anyway, did anyone see the match?
Eurosports commentary thing gave the impression that Serena melted down
she must've not being able to close it out

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
Nice win for Amelie.REAL NICE!!!!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Felicitations Momo!

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
its a damn shame we dont get any coverage...

would love to see if how serena played...if she made the same mistakes she made against juju...

does anyone know if venus is still injured?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
mmcdonald said:
No she did not, Venus stopped playing she withdrew, so how does that count as a win?
Because... the one who got the trophy and the biggest check was? AMELIE. No matter how hard it is for a fan to believe it when a player withdraws from a match, wheather he is injured or not or whatever, he LOOSES.
Amelie did beat Venus, if you don't want to face it is your problem. The match will always be in their H2H, even though she retired. Just deal with it, it's no big deal, our faves CAN loose.

Joaco

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BK4ever said:
its a damn shame we dont get any coverage...

would love to see if how serena played...if she made the same mistakes she made against juju...

does anyone know if venus is still injured?
Serena played like crap
and while she could have been a bit more gracious, she said basically that she beat herself and Amelie didnt do anything particular that gave her problems, she just played badly and served badly

and by her last two wins against Amelie, 6-2 6-1 and 6-3 6-2, I believe her

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
Everytime Serena was leading the she played stupidly.. She even had 3-2 0-40 on Amelie's serve on 3rd set.... :rolleyes:

I agree with some posters in here.. And I agree with her.. It was better to lose in here then in Paris.. I also agree that she needs to stay mentally strong and positive! Go Serena! I STILL BELIEVE IN YOU!

Don't choke anymore :( :sad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts