Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i probably wouldn t have said that if she won today but still it s the reality..

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
It was there in set one. it went in set 2 and its not clear if its the back caused the game to fall off or the nerves set the back off.

·
Elena Dementieva Fan
6,017 Posts
I think Momo was in pain.
She was less aggressive and didn't come to the net as often after taking the medical break.
And Rena played better.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Amelie had a back's pain today !!!!
She served to 140k/m in the last set, she was lucky because serena made lits faults in returning, but in the last game serena was more consistent and..paff

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
That's not true!

Amelie looked steely at Serena and pumped her fist at her several times in the first set. I believe that rattled Serena

When Serena came to the net and made a banging volley, she fliked her hair at her.

They were going at it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Amelie may have lost the match,but if fully fit ,i think she would have whipped Serena's butt off centre court! She was beating her convincingly,then her back flared-up and she had to call the trainer.
I was very pleasently surprised how well she was playing,even Serena got annoyed that anyone would DARE outplay her.
The match was fab,it had everything in it.I hope this encourages Amelie and gives her confidence for the future.Even my father,was very impressed by the high level of tennis played.

Hopefully ,in the near future,Amelie will win a slam,and shut-up all the doubters once and for all!!

As my father said,"it's beauty and the beast in the final"!(His words not mine!)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I agree. Amelie and Kim are a lot alike. When they get close to winning big matches, they back off some and play not to lose instead of playing to win. That's a lack of killer instinct. Players like Seles, Graf, and Serena get even more intense when a match is tight, and they come up with big shots because they have to. That's the difference between great champions and great players.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jenglisbe said:
I agree. Amelie and Kim are a lot alike. When they get close to winning big matches, they back off some and play not to lose instead of playing to win. That's a lack of killer instinct. Players like Seles, Graf, and Serena get even more intense when a match is tight, and they come up with big shots because they have to. That's the difference between great champions and great players.

totally agree with you

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
donna said:
Amelie may have lost the match,but if fully fit ,i think she would have whipped Serena's butt off centre court! She was beating her convincingly,then her back flared-up and she had to call the trainer.
I was very pleasently surprised how well she was playing,even Serena got annoyed that anyone would DARE outplay her.
The match was fab,it had everything in it.I hope this encourages Amelie and gives her confidence for the future.Even my father,was very impressed by the high level of tennis played.

Hopefully ,in the near future,Amelie will win a slam,and shut-up all the doubters once and for all!!

As my father said,"it's beauty and the beast in the final"!(His words not mine!)
Not True!
Serena let Amelie in this game. Serena played her several times before and TOTALLY dismanted her. Serena was nervous this time around.

Serena made absolutely too many unforced errors which kept Amelie in the match. Along with her lost serve. Amelie probably should have pulled this out.

Glad she didn't

And yes!!!! The Beast will feast upon your little beauty.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Serena was nervous because I don't think she felt she was all there until this tournament. I think she's getting there. I think Mauresmo is getting there too with the confidence but by then Serena will be back in full stride from her injury and hopefully so will Venus. Right now there is a difference and that is Serena already has the mind of a great champion and Mauresmo is a great player on the verge of perhaps being a slam champion.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Yes, she does. The only thing that will turn that around if she wins a slam, cos there were many players before her who lacked it before they won a slam.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
donna not true. fact is, Amelie and Kim can't play and BEAT Serena in a grandslam while playing the **entire** match. They are too nervous and they both have a tendency to choke during the big points.

Martina Navratilova felt that Momo would be injury free and have the edge. Oh how dumb she looks now. Lmao.

Anyway, a great match by both ladies. Momo played her killer instinct heart out, and so did Serena. This was a great match, and I like the rivalry between these two.

Congrats Serena and better luck next time Momo.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts