Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This isn't a thread where I'm gonna bash Serena. It's actually kind of like an appraisal.
The last time Serena lost a SF (with the exception of at Sydney 2002 against Shaugnessy) was at Wimbledon against big Sis. I personally found that fact quite amazing. Is it a new record?
Anyhow, congrats to Mauresmo. Here's for an interesting French Open

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
I think Williams lost to Capriati there instead of her big sis.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
he's referring to 2000 Wimbledon, not 2001
and that'd be almost 3 years...I'm sure Serena has lost in the SF more recently though

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Oh I see, I misread that last time 'Williams lost before a SF' instead of 'Williams lost a SF'.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
That's impressive. WTA Rules!

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
CAPPY4EVER said:
Actually Serena lost to Chanda Rubin last summer in a SF before Chanda went on to win the whole tourney
Actually, that's wrong...she lost to Chanda in the quarterfinals. So that proves his point, but that doesn't look as good or anything, so...

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
whatever LOL i dunno the statistics exactly but yeah that is impressive huh? I just want to say one thing...CONGRADULATIONS MAURESMO! you beat Serena and even though your no Jennifer Capriati you definitly deserve this praise! you beat a william sister and youve earned it! Good luck against Kim!-Cappy Happy fan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts