Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The latest fires are the record largest and intentially lit for cattle. :help: How can we help the indigenous people of the Amazon who are the guardians and today's Chico Mendeses. :shrug:
Stopping mr. President Bolsonaro who has been supporting deforestation all along.

Long story short, this period has been always full of fires over the Amazon, but things got out of control under his government. The director of National Institute for Space Ressearch was fired because he stated there was an increase of 278% in fires compared to July 2018. Bolsonaro said the data was manipulated.

A few days later, São Paulo went into complete darkness around 3pm. Even if it's winter, we still get daylight until after 6pm down here. São Paulo is around 3000 km far from the Amazon.

Now, mr. President is saying he thinks all those fires were probably started by NGO's to attack him and create chaos. :lol:

Most of the fires are in the state of Rondônia and have been burning for more than 2 weeks straight. Looking at the map, you can see that almost the whole Amazon Forest in the state has vanished.

·
What is wrong with this man? How evil do you have to be to do this? Is it really worth the money? (If the reports I'm reading are true) Fuck me. Just thinking of all the carbon that's being released from those trees is making me cringe.

·
Registered
28,822 Posts
Something should be done. What's the point of all those "global" organizations if they can't act in case of emergency.

·
La nuit je mens
86,899 Posts
Cute of people to all take interest on this at the same time on social networks. The equatorial forests are burning for decades around the globe though and all those people did not give a shit. This is basically another "ice bucket challenge" moment. People feel obligated to post about this cause other are doing it too and cause the Sao Paulo pictures were impressive. Everyone will forget in 2 weeks. Hypocrite and superficial world. That new trend of very short outcries over things that are going on for years is exhausting.

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
What a horror year for our planet with all these devastating forest fires at Amazon, in Siberia, in Canada/Alaska... :sad:

The mass of CO2 particles send into the air will deteriorate the state of global warming even more.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Cute of people to all take interest on this at the same time on social networks. The equatorial forests are burning for decades around the globe though and all those people did not give a shit. This is basically another "ice bucket challenge" moment. People feel obligated to post about this cause other are doing it too and cause the Sao Paulo pictures were impressive. Everyone will forget in 2 weeks. Hypocrite and superficial world. That new trend of very short outcries over things that are going on for years is exhausting.
I don't know if you are aware, but the rate of destruction has increased. According to some studies we are close to the point of no recovery. We should have cared in the past, yes, but it's important that we at least care now. This kind of post really doesn't help.

This has nothing to do with the Ice Bucket challenge. As horrible as ALS is, it is a issue that affects a few people. The actions of the government right now impact the whole life on earth.

Besides, things were bad in the past, but we didn't have a president who would fire people who release data that went against his opinions in such a ludicrous way. Who nominated a guy known for manipulating data to favour mining companies as environment minister. Who mocks all the environmental situation by saying that if you want to help the planet you should poop once every 2 days. It is not for no reason that Norway and Germany took out money from the Amazon found.

It is understandable that people from the civilized world have a hard time understanding how bad things are in Brazil, but trust me, it is on another level.

·
La nuit je mens
86,899 Posts
This has nothing to do with the Ice Bucket challenge. As horrible as ALS is, it is a issue that affects a few people. The actions of the government right now impact the whole life on earth.
I'm obviously talking about how it is treated by media and people on social networks, not about the actual gravity of it. I KNOW it affects our world more than the Ice Bucket challenge, thank you.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I'm obviously talking about how it is treated by media and people on social networks, not about the actual gravity of it. I KNOW it affects our world more than the Ice Bucket challenge, thank you.
Also, what is your problem with the ice bucket challenge? LIke it or not, it did indeed provide some money to a noble cause. What more do you want people to do about it? It's not as if it is one issue that people can contribute a lot on their everyday lives.

I know it may be perceived as "cool" and "edgy" to complain about every trend that is on mainstream, but it can also be foolish.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Something should be done. What's the point of all those "global" organizations if they can't act in case of emergency.
It's an anti-globalist nationalist government - figure it out. :wavey:

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
So despite all the "edgy" and "cool" criticism to the reactions, Macron just called for a G7 meeting about this. Will it do any good? I have absolutely no idea. Is it better than nothing? Absolutely. If there's any hope for this, it lies with foreigners. Reminds me a bit of the apartheid situation, if it wasn't international pressure, who knows what would have happened.

·
Registered
50,634 Posts
Horrible to see.

Brazil does not enough to protect the precious rain forests :sad:

·
Premium Member
36,943 Posts
Yeah, let's keep giving no shit as usual.

No?

Oh, so let's keep crying consistently, then.

No?

All right, so see you on TF for the US Open.

Meanwhile, you may stop trying to post your fake smartass shit?

·
La nuit je mens
86,899 Posts
Yeah, let's keep giving no shit as usual.

No?

Oh, so let's keep crying consistently, then.

No?

All right, so see you on TF for the US Open.

Meanwhile, you may stop trying to post your fake smartass shit?

Oh shut up and stop putting words in my mouth.

If you actually believe that this calculated outcry with people suddendly flooding their IG accounts and all with pics of the Amazon is actually some kind of wake up call that will change something, good for you.

It happened to be a very calculated use of the opinion as it has been confirmed by the sudden political attacks by European leaders yesterday.
http://www.lefigaro.fr/conjoncture/que-contient-l-accord-ue-mercosur-auquel-macron-s-oppose-desormais-20190823

All of this was built. People are so naive, it's amazing.

And once again, I'm not trying to say it's not a urgent matter cause it is. I'm merely suggesting that the whole media attention about it is hypocrite, vain and by no mean actually motivated by a will to act.

·
La nuit je mens
86,899 Posts
^oh, you're that paranoiac now?
Sure, excuse me. This is pure coincidence as always. I mean, politics have never manipulated the opinion, everybody knows that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts