27,371 Posts
Re: Amazing Winning Streaks (25+)

Including the National Championship, Torro Flor is on a 26 winning streak :D
On ITF only she is currently on 22.

·
Registered
27,371 Posts
Re: Amazing Winning Streaks (25+)

After winning today, Tita Torro Flor ties with Dellacqua as the second best streak ever on ITF circuit with 30 (34 including National Championships). :worship:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Re: Amazing Winning Streaks (25+) (updated after 2012 US Open)

bump.
Serena Williams has won 31 matches in a row and counting
(Are Fed Cup matches included? If not, 29 matches winning streak now)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

Serena's winning streak was stopped with 34
(if Fed Cup matches are not counted, 32 matches winning streak)

·
Registered
24,839 Posts

Pretty much the only record that Venus still has that Serena doesn't, bummed that Serena lost, but it really puts Venus's streak in perspective

·
Registered
8,831 Posts

Pretty much the only record that Venus still has that Serena doesn't, bummed that Serena lost, but it really puts Venus's streak in perspective
Eh, not really..... I mean Venus doesnt really "have" the record. If we're going by "records" Serena only has 3 Australian Open titles, Miami Titles, And Prize money.

But it does put all of those players who have longer streaks than Serena's in perspective. I had a feeling she'd lose this because of the streak going into Wimbledon.

·
Registered
24,839 Posts

Eh, not really..... I mean Venus doesnt really "have" the record. If we're going by "records" Serena only has 3 Australian Open titles, Miami Titles, And Prize money.

But it does put all of those players who have longer streaks than Serena's in perspective. I had a feeling she'd lose this because of the streak going into Wimbledon.
Comparative record, not the longest win streak in history, obviously. Just thought it was interesting, because everyone made such a big deal of Serena matching Venus's five Wimbledons last year, which was one of the one places where Venus could still claim superiority, along with a longer winning streak.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I know we are not discussing wheelchair tennis in here, but the 470 match winning streak by Esther Vergeer should at least get an honorable mention.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts