Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no player on the tour who has beaten Venus more than once since May 2000 (after she came back from the 4 month injury lay-off). Since that time she has lost to:

Jelena
Amanda
Arantxa
Lindsay
Martina
Maggie M.
Justine
Babsi
Meghann
Monica
Sandrine

None of these players have beat her more than once since then.
How long can Venus continue this amazing trend? :eek:

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Moon - You not only show great humor, but intelligence as well.
That is quite an interesting factoid.
This would also be quite devastating to the other players if VENUS continues this devastating trend.

But, I do hope the Goddess keeps this string going for a while. :p :wavey:

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,944 Posts
I have a feeling Justine is going to end this, indeed very impressive, stat. If they meet on clay it's gonna be Justine all the way. I also think Venus vs. Martina on clay would go to the Swiss Miss.
If they meet off course.

Wait untill April, May, June :bounce:

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Great stat, Moon, and not a slouch in the bunch. :D

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
July, August, September...sure, even Venus is bound to lose sooner or later ;)

That is impressive! Usually even the top players have one or two people who give them a hard time.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Griffin - C/mon, man, you know that VENUS is Goddess of the Summer. :cool: :wavey:

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
T, girlfriend, I was joking about an earlier post ;)

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
"Girlfriend"? I amd a male dino, my good friend. :eek: :wavey:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Venus has played and beaten Martina before on clay, so if they meet again on the red stuff, I'm going with Venus (surprise, surprise). As for Justine, I don't think she's a sure thing either, but I guess we'll all find out soon enough. :D

thanks for the compliment TeeRexx. ;)
btw--griffin's a girl. :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
moon, your last statement showed your true fangirlism/fanboyism. As an avid Hingis fan, even I am not as naive as to pick her to beat Venus on grass.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Has she ever beaten Venus on Grass? I'm curious.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I believe she did in '99?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rocksteady--my last statement showed common sense. Venus has a 3-1 record over Martina the last 2 years, and she's beaten her on clay before.

·
Registered
600 Posts
:)

I can't wait until they play eachother this year. It will shut some of you up. Hopefully Martina will let her take more than two games...

;)

(BTW, I'm not knocking her stat -- it is amazing. But she hardly enters any tournaments, so no one gets a chance.)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Wow, that is an amazing stat. And even if Capriati gets a win over her this year, the stat will still stand!

I pick Lindsay to be the first to beat it and get a second victory. Maybe sometime in the late summer when Lindsay has been back for a little while. I just get the feeling Lindsay wants Venus BAD after Venus foiled her so much the last few years. And I don't think it's crazy to pick Venus on clay against Martina at all. Venus beat her at the Italian Open in '99 when Hingis was playing much better and Venus was not the player she is today. No, despite recent RG results, Venus has to be a top pick this year. J. Cap. went out the first round in 2000, so past results are not always the best to follow!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rocksteady, you're optimism is admirable, but I feel you will be in for a let-down my friend. ;)

thanks Celeste for saying was I was thinking. :D

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Moon - I would like to see another VENUS/Hingis hookup real soon.
Maybe the Ericsson will give us the chance to see them in action.

I to will put my money on VENUS. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts