Tennis Forum banner

241 - 260 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Amanda is playing the qualies at Charleston and beat Jil Belen Teichmann 5 & 2 in QR1.

I think that may be her first win in ranking event at a level above the ITF circuit. She played qualies at Marbella in 2009 (possibly a wild card earned by winning the Spanish junior champs the previous year), and Wimbledon a couple of times, and I don't see any others.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Amanda playing to get into her first tour level main draw against Cepede Royg. Blows a 6-2 3-0 lead, but gets to a second set tie break, where she misses 3 MP, the second (the first of two on serve) with a double fault.

6-2 6-7(9) :(

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Amanda playing to get into her first tour level main draw against Cepede Royg. Blows a 6-2 3-0 lead, but gets to a second set tie break, where she misses 3 MP, the second with a double fault.

6-2 6-7(9) :(

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
So frustrating watching the score. Her service game at 6-2 4-3 went to 10 deuces and she had 9 game points.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Amanda retired while leading 7-6 1-0 in the QF of Pelham 25K. Usually a bad sign when a player retires while ahead.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Yet to return to the lists since her injury, and so her ranking has fallen since she reached her career high.

She's entered Ilkley 100K with priority 1 the week before Wimby qualies, the same week as the Wimby wild card play-off, and I don't see her being one of the LTA's 8 wild card recommendations(*), so if this is an "on" year for Wimbledon, she'll need to tank her R1 at Ilkley if she makes the MD.

(*) assuming same rules as last year.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Amanda ends her season.

amandacarreras said:
After a very eventful year, one with many ups and downs I've had to cut short the season due to the wrist injury I sustained in April. I've tried all recovery methods possible but now the only one left is surgery. I will have an operation on the 14th November in Barcelona. I would like to thank my family and coaches ( Albert,Alfred and Ali) for all their support and for putting up with me for the last few months. I would also like to thank all of you who have helped me in some way this year and all of those who constantly support me. I promise to be back even stronger ��
http://instagr.am/p/Ba9YDNDj299/

241 - 260 of 261 Posts