Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amanda won the individual singles title and also helped Gibraltar to the team title. She won all her doubles matches in the doubles and team event too though did lose some games in doubles. The opposition clearly wasn’t elite but obviously great concentration skills.

Team Event:

QF : Millie Coombes (Isle of Wight) 6-0 6-0
SF : Joanna Dyer (Guernsey) 6-0 6-0
F : Laura Feely (Isle of Man) 6-0 6-0

Individual:

R2: Clare Clarke (Jersey) 6-0 6-0
QF: Joanna Dyer (Guernsey) 6-0 6-0
SF: Clara Catchot-Sintes (Menorca) 6-0 6-0
F : Tsvetelina Havren (Gotland) 6-0 6-0

·
Premium Member
20,460 Posts
Wow, really impressive. I have not heard for any of her opponents.

Hopefully she keeps it up!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Nobody invited Emily Webley Smith? So disrespectful

Reactions: cocoblush

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Congrats to Amanda and this seems an impressive stat.

But I wonder how hard she actually had to try for this. From the names I've seen (and googled) that were her opponents they aren't even Div 3 college level, no information about playing tennis outside of these games. These are just club players, and not even good ones. Amanda probably only played these because they were held in Gibraltar.

·
Banned
32,000 Posts
I wanna know who won the Wooden Spoon in this tournament. :eek:h:

·
Banned
15,175 Posts
Lmao.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Sorry for the bump, but possibly ironic that today she herself was double bagelled in 25k Imola R2 by Stefania Rubini.

·
Registered
21,929 Posts

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Sorry for the bump, but possibly ironic that today she herself was double bagelled in 25k Imola R2 by Stefania Rubini.
Really surprised about that, that was a big set back as she's posted some good results in the past few months. Rubini is currently ranked a couple of hundred places higher than Amanda, but Amanda actually started this match as the betting favourite. Hopefully she puts it behind her as quickly as possible.

Interestingly she's in the main draw for Chiswick W25 at the end of the month and assuming she still plays, that will be her first time competing in mainland UK since Wimbledon 2015.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Reminds me of 2006 when Carlos Berlocq double bagelled Donald Young at Miami and then got double bagelled himself in the next round :lol: Iconic moment for Amanda :inlove:

·
Registered
21,929 Posts
I dedicate a song to you Mandy for your YUGE accomplishment...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Really surprised about that, that was a big set back as she's posted some good results in the past few months. Rubini is currently ranked a couple of hundred places higher than Amanda, but Amanda actually started this match as the betting favourite. Hopefully she puts it behind her as quickly as possible.

Interestingly she's in the main draw for Chiswick W25 at the end of the month and assuming she still plays, that will be her first time competing in mainland UK since Wimbledon 2015.
That's quite an amazing stat for a player officially registered as British.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts