Tennis Forum banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
It may not be exaggerated but it must be including all the performances bonuses you can think of. She would probably need to win the Calendar Slam twice within the duration of the contract to get the $100 millions. There was a lot of rumours about Nike's imminent withdrawal from the tennis market just last year.

It says it's one of the biggest ever *for a teenager*. She could get 500K/year and that would probably be massive for a Slamless teenager.

It reminded me of the time Raonic's agent said his New Balance was similar to a Big Four deal. As if. :spit:

The 100 million is Australian $$$ , 70 millions US $$$. One week later , none of the big US tennis writers has written about it .
The article did not talk about term(s). For example, 70 over 8 years is different than 60 over 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
What makes you think I'm kidding?
Because Anisimova has way more potential. Yastremska is the most one dimensional player on tour. At the moment, she’s a B grade Ostapenko. Anisimova actually has a rally tolerance of greater than 4 :lol:.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Dayana has more upside. She can do more on the court with the proper coach. I can speak to that firsthand.

Amanda probably hits harder, but is too one-note at the moment. I suspect she may slump at the beginning of 2020 due to the pressure of living up to the contract and still getting over the horrible tragedy she suffered, which is totally understandable.
Literally the opposite of what you said is true. Yastremska probably hits harder but the downside is that she’s far more one dimensional. Her shot tolerance is non existent. And there are still many players that can just serve her off the court. Anisimova is much better all-round player and therefore has far more upside, in my opinion. Her success on multiple surfaces is a testament to that fact.

·
Registered
21,445 Posts
Literally the opposite of what you said is true. Yastremska probably hits harder but the downside is that she’s far more one dimensional. Her shot tolerance is non existent. And there are still many players that can just serve her off the court. Anisimova is much better all-round player and therefore has far more upside, in my opinion. Her success on multiple surfaces is a testament to that fact.
Dayana was starting to show more of a bet game as the season came to s close. She has the ability to hit winners from anywhere on the court and has a faultless serve motion. She just needs the right coach as I said before. She won titles on clay and hard and had her best Slam result on grass.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Because Anisimova has way more potential. Yastremska is the most one dimensional player on tour. At the moment, she’s a B grade Ostapenko. Anisimova actually has a rally tolerance of greater than 4 :lol:.
That's your opinion. Yastremska's uber-aggressive game is no more "one dimensional" than a young Sharapova and Sharapova had a pretty great career. Fact is when Yastremska's game is working, she can blow 99% of the tour off court. I'd say she's an A-grade Ostapenko. She's basically Ostapenko with a better serve and better natural athleticism and better attitude and her time will come.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
EVen if Anisimova has greater potential (disputable), to use phrases like "much better" is ridiculous. You're comparing 2 of the best teenagers in the game and acting like it's a comparison of Navratilova and Flipkens.:rolleyes:

Anisimova just has a prettier, smoother looking game. Substantively though, shot-for-shot, I honestly can't see how she's a better prospect than Yastremska. Anisimova's game isn't that well-rounded either. She's a classic baseliner without much variety.

·
Registered
21,445 Posts
That's your opinion. Yastremska's uber-aggressive game is no more "one dimensional" than a young Sharapova and Sharapova had a pretty great career. Fact is when Yastremska's game is working, she can blow 99% of the tour off court. I'd say she's an A-grade Ostapenko. She's basically Ostapenko with a better serve and better natural athleticism and better attitude and her time will come.
That's pretty much what I told him, but he didn't really listen. Dayana has much more all-around potential than Jelena.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This could backfire and put too much pressure on AA. Vaidisova Kornikova all over again? AA is a princess and a beauty, now she HAS TO WIN MAJORS. I don't like this at all.

When does Nadal, Serena Nike contracts expire?

·
Registered
21,445 Posts
This could backfire and put too much pressure on AA. Vaidisova Kornikova all over again? AA is a princess and a beauty, now she HAS TO WIN MAJORS. I don't like this at all.

When does Nadal, Serena Nike contracts expire?
"The contract, the private contract that I have, are private, private for me, and I'm not going to share them and I'm not going to tell you when I'm finishing one contract or another one. It's something that is between myself and Nike and that's the end of it, period", said Nadal.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Which players is she blowing off the court? She literally has one win against a top 10 player - Pliskova, who couldn’t give a toss about the Asian Swing. Any good mover is wiping the floor with her basic, one dimensional game because she lacks shot tolerance.

·
Registered
21,445 Posts
Which players is she blowing off the court? She literally has one win against a top 10 player - Pliskova, who couldn’t give a toss about the Asian Swing. Any good mover is wiping the floor with her basic, one dimensional game because she lacks shot tolerance.
Do you actually watch Dayana play to make such a stupid statement?

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Indeed Yastremska hits harder, I think that should be pretty obvious, but Anisimova is a better shotmaker and imo the more talented, with a better court sense, though she looks physically frail. DY otoh is probably the player that generates power more effortlessly, but I am a bit doubtful about how she will develop. I know she's had a good year, but I feel like it was also a bit of a letdown. Almost no wins against top players and still not one deep GS/PM run, a la Kvitova in Wimbledon 2010, when she made the SF, and which I think some people were expecting from her. She's giving me some Keys vibes when she started to break through. Everyone was expecting her to learn to control her power, blah blah, but she still hasn't and probably never will. Just 4-5 matches every season when she looks unbeatable and then baseball bashing sprees galore. I am still not sure if Yastremska is going to develop that instinct to construct points, improve her defence, find a good average level when she's not peaking, so she will be indeed competing with Osaka and Vanessa for slams, or if she's going to follow Keys path and become a Giorgi redux, the about to happen that never really happens to happen :eek:h: I am like 50/50 and I've cooled down a bit despite she still having an overall good season.

Dayana has more upside. She can do more on the court with the proper coach. I can speak to that firsthand.

Amanda probably hits harder, but is too one-note at the moment. I suspect she may slump at the beginning of 2020 due to the pressure of living up to the contract and still getting over the horrible tragedy she suffered, which is totally understandable.
:zzz:

·
Registered
21,445 Posts
It's funny how people who never interacted with me before now all of a sudden are quoting me just to reprise the drama from last weekend. I suspect it's because of who is being talked about and I don't care to go through that again.

Ignore is a wonderful feature.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts