Tennis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
^love the passive aggressiveness. 1 million isn't 100 million......plus gauff is younger and potentially a higher ceiling. not to mention this is just the tennis ptb going back to the stale"blonde is best" formula.
People denying the obvious fact won't change the truth. The defense mechanism is the result of stating hard cold truth. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOL at the usual suspects interjecting race into this thread.

She has reached a GS Semifinal and is at around #20 in the world. And, at only 17, her potential is enormous.

Meanwhile,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2019/03/21/this-15-year-old-tennis-prodigy-will-make-1-million-in-2019/#34aa5d66d5e3

Dumb comment 15yo top 70 limited play and schedule .... more titles ... now go research other 15yo results ..... Amanda doing great her results and success has nothing to with the 15yo .... both off to a good start one is just 3 years younger

·
Registered
14,455 Posts
Dumb comment 15yo top 70 limited play and schedule .... more titles ... now go research other 15yo results ..... Amanda doing great her results and success has nothing to with the 15yo .... both off to a good start one is just 3 years younger

How is it dumb?

I never said Graff was making as much in endorsements as Amanda or that Gauff was getting big contracts because of her race.

Usual race baiters were insinuating Amanda was getting big money because she is white, blond and blue eyed.

But, clearly there is not being any racial discrimination at play as Gauff was given very substantial contracts before even turning pro.

·
Registered
14,455 Posts
but the clear indication is it is maria like numbers. you brought up gauff as a red herring when that ironically proves my point.
I brought up Gauff because you and others insinuated Amanda was only getting big money because of her race and physical attractiveness.

If racism was at play, Gauff would not have gotten big $$ before turning pro.

Both are getting money because of their massive Tennis potential.

Amanda is older and has achieved substantially more than Gauff. Therefore, right now she is getting substantially more.

What do think will happen when Gauff reaches a GS SF and reaches top 20 in the world.

Her endorsements will explode.

Look at the hype and $$ she is getting now and she has only reached a couple of GS 3rd rounds.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
You’re kidding, right?
Dayana has more upside. She can do more on the court with the proper coach. I can speak to that firsthand.

Amanda probably hits harder, but is too one-note at the moment. I suspect she may slump at the beginning of 2020 due to the pressure of living up to the contract and still getting over the horrible tragedy she suffered, which is totally understandable.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Dayana has more upside. She can do more on the court with the proper coach. I can speak to that firsthand.

Amanda probably hits harder, but is too one-note at the moment. I suspect she may slump at the beginning of 2020 due to the pressure of living up to the contract and still getting over the horrible tragedy she suffered, which is totally understandable.
What?:eek: No way in hell Amanda "probably hits harder". Not even close. Yastremska when on and not spraying the ball has absolutely wiped the floor with many opponents this year. Reminded me of when Ostapenko went on that RG run and pretty much every point in her matches were an Ostapenko winner or error, and her opponents were basically spectators.

·
Banned
7,241 Posts
I brought up Gauff because you and others insinuated Amanda was only getting big money because of her race and physical attractiveness.

If racism was at play, Gauff would not have gotten big $$ before turning pro.

Both are getting money because of their massive Tennis potential.

Amanda is older and has achieved substantially more than Gauff. Therefore, right now she is getting substantially more.

What do think will happen when Gauff reaches a GS SF and reaches top 20 in the world.

Her endorsements will explode.

Look at the hype and $$ she is getting now and she has only reached a couple of GS 3rd rounds.
gauff isn't getting big money. call me when she gets 100 million like amanda.....did i say amanda couldn't play? we already know how this plays out...hence why i said maria 2.0.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
What?:eek: No way in hell Amanda "probably hits harder". Not even close. Yastremska when on and not spraying the ball has absolutely wiped the floor with many opponents this year.Reminded me of when Ostapenko went on that RG run and pretty much every point in her matches were an Ostapenko winner or error, and her opponents were basically spectators.
As I mentioned, I know this firsthand.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
gauff isn't getting big money. call me when she gets 100 million like amanda.....did i say amanda couldn't play? we already know how this plays out...hence why i said maria 2.0.
1) This whole shit is speculation. The whole Anisimova story is probably false or exaggerated.
2) Anisimova is 18: usually when one's commercial potential as a potential superstar athlete is exploited. Gauff still has nearly 3 years to hit this age and this is hardly the time to cash in. Serena won a slam before Venus, but Venus signed the biggest apparel deal in tennis with Reebok in the 90's.
3) Commercial decisions like this are made based on market projections with brand exposure and profit motive in mind and not based on sinister discrimination. It would be illogical for big brands to ignore their financial bottomline to make decisions based on racial bias. Tough luck if their own studies and projections suggest the slender, white, blonde girl can earn them more money and exposure. That's capitalism. They want to make money.
4) I don't get why this matters to you. Coco Gauff probably already out-earns a player like Sofia Kenin off the court - a YEC alternate. And by the time she's 18 to 20, she'll be raking in well into 8-figures a year. Imagine getting pissed off a 15-year-old isn't getting $100m.

·
Banned
7,241 Posts
1) This whole shit is speculation. The whole Anisimova story is probably false or exaggerated.
2) Anisimova is 18: usually when one's commercial potential as a potential superstar athlete is exploited. Gauff still has nearly 3 years to hit this age and this is hardly the time to cash in. Serena won a slam before Venus, but Venus signed the biggest apparel deal in tennis with Reebok in the 90's.
3) Commercial decisions like this are made based on market projections with brand exposure and profit motive in mind and not based on sinister discrimination. It would be illogical for big brands to ignore their financial bottomline to make decisions based on racial bias. Tough luck if their own studies and projections suggest the slender, white, blonde girl can earn them more money and exposure. That's capitalism. They want to make money.
4) I don't get why this matters to you. Coco Gauff probably already out-earns a player like Sofia Kenin off the court - a YEC alternate. And by the time she's 18 to 20, she'll be raking in well into 8-figures a year. Imagine getting pissed off a 15-year-old isn't getting $100m.
did i say it matters to me? i expressed an opinion same as you...the resst is your typical bs

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Anisimova and Gauff both received big endorsement deals. There's no need to pit one against the other especially as it wasn't as though Nike gave one a better deal than the other - they have deals with different clothing brands and are managed by different companies.

·
Registered
30,706 Posts
One week later there is no detail . So yes , it is beyond exaggerated . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may not be exaggerated but it must be including all the performances bonuses you can think of. She would probably need to win the Calendar Slam twice within the duration of the contract to get the $100 millions. There was a lot of rumours about Nike's imminent withdrawal from the tennis market just last year.

It says it's one of the biggest ever *for a teenager*. She could get 500K/year and that would probably be massive for a Slamless teenager.

It reminded me of the time Raonic's agent said his New Balance was similar to a Big Four deal. As if. :spit:

121 - 140 of 155 Posts