Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope i am wrong. Because their rankings are going down!! and tennis needed them to make the field stronger. But with the death of their sister, it would be hard for them to come back and play again. At least for this year. But hope they could be strong and entertain us again.

Go Venus/Serena!

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
I was hoping that they would return for the year-end chanpiionships becusae I think even if Venus doesn't play for the rest of year, she will qualify because the gap between her, Jennifer, Amelie and the rest of the field is pretty huge, but it is looking doubtful they will even play there.

I hope I am wrong, but we will get an indication as to when Venus will play again next week, since she is scheduled to play Moscow the week after next, but she could withdraw next week, even though I tought she would have withdrawn by now.

·
Banned
596 Posts
i just dont think they should come back and play yet,
but on the other hand, Pete did win that US Open...
so i dont know....but still dont think they can handle it yet

·
Banned
596 Posts
lizchris said:
I was hoping that they would return for the year-end chanpiionships becusae I think even if Venus doesn't play for the rest of year, she will qualify because the gap between her, Jennifer, Amelie and the rest of the field is pretty huge, but it is looking doubtful they will even play there.

I hope I am wrong, but we will get an indication as to when Venus will play again next week, since she is scheduled to play Moscow the week after next, but she could withdraw next week, even though I tought she would have withdrawn by now.
acutally, Venus might not make it,
#8 and #9 are Chanda and Elena, and they are less than 400 pts from Venus
Amelie will probably pass Venus if she does play Moscow etc.....
so dont be surprised if she cant make it

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I honestly don't want them to come back this year.

I want the both of them to heal completely from a) their emotional trama and b) their injuries.

They shouldn't come back so soon. I just want them to mourn Yetunde. as she was basically another mother figure for them. Besides, coming back too soon, with the loss clouding their judgement, just may re-aggravate the injuries and they will not be properly prepared, because I'm sure they are not training right now.

They should take the rest of the year off and comeback next year emotionally and physically stronger.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Monsters said:
acutally, Venus might not make it,
#8 and #9 are Chanda and Elena, and they are less than 400 pts from Venus
Amelie will probably pass Venus if she does play Moscow etc.....
so dont be surprised if she cant make it
Linsday isn't playing so whoever is number nine will get in so even if Venus is nine, she's in. I really don't see Chanda or Elena getting more points than her unless they play at least two more tournaments and one of them will have to be a Tier I.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
I don't think they will stay out the rest of the year. They have already been out since Wimbledon, so I doubt they will just stay out and mope in their sadness for the next 2 months. They haven't pulled out of anything yet and the funeral has passed, so we just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
I´m with Knizzle....no doubt the girls are in deep sorrow right now, but I don´t think they will pull the plug out for the rest of the year. Plus the masters are in L.A. I think they would like to show the murderers of their sister that they are still going strong and that nothing can bring them down!

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Knizzle said:
I don't think they will stay out the rest of the year. They have already been out since Wimbledon, so I doubt they will just stay out and mope in their sadness for the next 2 months. They haven't pulled out of anything yet and the funeral has passed, so we just have to wait and see.
You bring up an interesting point regarding them pulling out of tournaments. I would have thought Venus would have pulled out of Moscow by now, but not only hasn't she done so (thought I expect her to do so next week), she is still listed on the webiste as playing.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,008 Posts
Well, I think the sisters should do whatever they want to do.... :rolleyes: @ fans who are saying what you think they should do....You don't have the right to be telling them what they *should* do.....just leave them alone, and if they play again this year, be happy for them, and if they don't, still be happy for them.....

Peace.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Rtael said:
Well, I think the sisters should do whatever they want to do.... :rolleyes: @ fans who are saying what you think they should do....You don't have the right to be telling them what they *should* do.....just leave them alone, and if they play again this year, be happy for them, and if they don't, still be happy for them.....

Peace.
I don't know what the hell you are talking about, but all most of us have been doing is speculating as to what they are going to do for the rest of the year. I hope they play, but if yesterday's service is any indication, I highly doubt they will.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
rhz said:
I hope i am wrong. Because their rankings are going down!! and tennis needed them to make the field stronger. But with the death of their sister, it would be hard for them to come back and play again. At least for this year. But hope they could be strong and entertain us again.

Go Venus/Serena!
I agree - I think that it will be very hard to play tennis for the next few months. Even the Australian Open is just 4 months away - thats not that long after a family member dies. It might take them awhile to play again. I wish them well.

·
8,008 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
I honestly don't want them to come back this year.

I want the both of them to heal completely from a) their emotional trama and b) their injuries.

They shouldn't come back so soon. I just want them to mourn Yetunde. as she was basically another mother figure for them. Besides, coming back too soon, with the loss clouding their judgement, just may re-aggravate the injuries and they will not be properly prepared, because I'm sure they are not training right now.

They should take the rest of the year off and comeback next year emotionally and physically stronger.
*This is what I was talking about liz*

And last time I checked I didn't direct that reply at all their fans, just the one saying stuff like above....if you read my post, maybe you'd understand that?

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Rtael said:

And last time I checked I didn't direct that reply at all their fans, just the one saying stuff like above....if you read my post, maybe you'd understand that?
I'm not saying they should do what I say. I'll be happy with whatever they do, as I respect them.

These are my feelings.

Grow up Rtael, you are a worthless poster who just likes to give bad reps to people.

Get a life.

·
8,008 Posts
Yep, you sure got me figured out, I have absolutely nothing better to do with my life then come to this message board and harass you and give you bad reps all day, cause you're just that special. Glad we got that all out in the open

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Rtael said:
Yep, you sure got me figured out, I have absolutely nothing better to do with my life then come to this message board and harass you and give you bad reps all day, cause you're just that special. Glad we got that all out in the open

Seems like that's the only thing you do.

It's quite funny. You don't post for weeks on end, and then all of a sudden you find a little red dot next to your name under a post:

I think you should still change to topic title again. It's still unclear.

Say Venus and Serena's sister, Yetunde was shot and killed.
Clearly, I should have received a bad rep for that. I am sooooo bad.

Get a life Rtael. You are worthless junk.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Rtael said:

OK, I see your point, but what's wrong with a fan expressing their opinion as to when Venus and Serena should come back? Last time I checked, this is a message board.

Reactions: Venus Forever

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I think they should come back nex year. before their sister died, I thought Venus should not come back. If her injury is healed, I thought she should take time to work on her weaknesses, particularly the second serve and the forehand. She really did a lot on those two shots in 200/01 and they have digressed. Strengthen those shots, and get her hunger back. I just thought the whole of last year, Venus did not want to be on tour! She looked tired of the whole thing, and she actually said so at the end of the US Open.

On the other hand, if she makes those improvements, and she is driven at the beginning of the year, I feel sorry for the players ranked above her, who will actually draw her earlier because of her low ranking!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I don't think the Williams sisters will come back this year, unless they have some contractual requirements that say they have to!! Otherwise I look for them in Oz (I hope!)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts