Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People talk about Amelie, who's obviously very masculine, as if she's the ugly duckling of the tour or something.

I was looking at her today, and since she shot on to the scene as an 18 year-old, reaching the final of Berlin in 1998, she's gradually lost some of rougher side of her masculinity and started to look a very attractive lesbian.

I know if I was a lesbian (and I'm a gay man! LOL) I'd find her extremely attractive.

She has wonderful, glimmering, shiny hair, dark eyes, and what looks to be perfect, tanned olive skin.

Now, with a LITTLE less muscle, she actually has a great body, too.

And to top it all off, she seems an eloquent and caring person.

Am I the only one who sees this?
:) :cool:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Duh... yeah;)

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I think shes' GORGEOUS :hearts: Some people are too caught up in one standard of beauty,and I agree one of the most beautiful things about her is her personality.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Well, I guess you arent the only one, but I don't think she is attractive at all :|.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
She is no super-model, but she is attractive. Pretty good face, nice body, good height, nice hair. Stick her in a nice dress, giver her a blonde dye-job, with some hose and heels and you have like a 6, maybe a 7. You forget I think that we see these women at their attractive worst, sweating their brains out with no make up, running around in 100 degree heat. Anna looks hot that way, but mere mortal women do not.

I was in the business. I could sell Amelie to men and women for trysts pretty easily, fame aside, and make pretty good bucks. She would not be the "top" girl by any means, but she could hold her own in the world of prostitution.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And what's amazing, Squawk Box, is that Sabatini was equally masculine. Yet I don't think there has ever been a more beautiful and elegant player in the history of women's tennis.

Yet when people rate Sabatini as beautiful, they never mention the fact that she had a deep voice, a man's jawline, thick masculine legs and men's shoulders.

Why? Because without gender stereotypes, there was something about Sabatini that almost everybody found incredibly stunning - including me :)

The fact that Gabi wasn't a lesbian probably aided the perception of her as beautiful, otherwise she'd have been categorised like Mauresmo.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Celeste said:
She is no super-model, but she is attractive. Pretty good face, nice body, good height, nice hair. Stick her in a nice dress, giver her a blonde dye-job, with some hose and heels and you have like a 6, maybe a 7. You forget I think that we see these women at their attractive worst, sweating their brains out with no make up, running around in 100 degree heat. Anna looks hot that way, but mere mortal women do not.

I was in the business. I could sell Amelie to men and women for trysts pretty easily, fame aside, and make pretty good bucks. She would not be the "top" girl by any means, but she could hold her own in the world of prostitution.
Why does she need a dye job? :rolleyes: There are many beautiful brunettes in the world.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I really think that Sabatini is very attractive, but I don't think that Mauresmo being a lesbian has anything to do with my opinion. Its just that to me, Amelie is a little too masculine in her face also

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
I think Amelie is beautiful in a lesbian-esque type of way. I guess you have to like the butch look. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Selesfan: I quite agree.

The post by Celeste, though I respect the contribution, defies the whole object of this thread.

Amelie is beautiful as she is. She has a unique beauty, which is priceless, unlike the blonde, commercial beauty that Kournikova embodies.

Hair dye and make-up would make her look horrible, because she'd symbolise so many things that we all find tedious.

As she is, I think she's attractive. I especially love her hair. I want her shampoo! LOL

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Blonde hair erases a lot of flaws. Like or or hate it, those are the facts, at least in my business, or old business. Plus, she has blonde highlights and I think they compliment her face well. Light hair works for her.

If you want the true facts, if I had to sell these girls, Amelie is a much easier sell than Jennifer or Serena. They have very distinctive facial features and body types, that is bad. Amelie is a good height and evenly proportioned with good breast size, good ass, not too distinctive looking in the face. Serena and Jennifer are not, no diss on them, not at all, they are not hookers, but I find it amazing what people think. Every madam's wet dream is someone like Anna, Dokic, Elena, or Daniella, but Amelie is an easier "sell" than most other top players, believe it or not.

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
I think she is quite pretty too. I think her supposed "masculinity" adds some kind of aura over her. In term of sexy-ness here is where I place her in the tour:
Anna K. < Amelie < Jelena Dokic
But, that's me.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Steffica Greles said:
Selesfan: I quite agree.

The post by Celeste, though I respect the contribution, defies the whole object of this thread.

Amelie is beautiful as she is. She has a unique beauty, which is priceless, unlike the blonde, commercial beauty that Kournikova embodies.

Hair dye and make-up would make her look horrible, because she'd symbolise so many things that we all find tedious.

As she is, I think she's attractive. I especially love her hair. I want her shampoo! LOL
I love her hair also, the color is so natural. When I saw her play at the US Open a couple of years ago and swa her close up, I was stuck by how stunning she is, such beautiful skin and such a sweet smile. I think she looks so graceful on the court.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Yes the fact that she is straight saved Gaby from alot of abuse,if you lok at pics of Gaby now there is quite a difference in her apperance.I think female athletes are forced to walk this fine line of feminity/masculinity;if they're not fit and ripped they're not being professional,if they are they're considered too masculine. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts