Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i had this very nice job with nice colleagues and i just liked it a lot!The only problem was that i didn't had a big paycheck.And so i gave up this job to start to realise my dream. GOING TO NEXT YEARS AUSSIE OPEN! So I've quit my job and have a new one where my paycheck is much higher but the work etc sucks.
I'm going to save money to go to the Aussie Open and i want to backpack after that.Am i crazy for giving my work up or is it good to chase my dream???

Well i have a good feeling about this but everybody thinks i'm crazy.:(

·
41,227 Posts
well...I don't know...money is very interesting of course..but you can't keep doing work you don't like...

·
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if you don't care why do you reply??I'm just asking an opinion.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Ofcourse you're crazy, did you have to ask? Just kidding, hehehe . I don't ever think it's crazy to go after something you really want. If the old job wasn't doing it, then it was brave of you to take a chance on something different. I think you should keep your sights on the pot of gold at the end of the tunnel. I'm sure you won't think you're crazy when you're enjoying AO 2003, and that backpacking trip.:cool: Kuddos to you for being brave and adventurous.:wavey:

Uh, did I put too many D's in kuddos?

·
***** Emeritus
42,398 Posts
If you're okay with it, it's good. It's you who has to do the job, and it's you who can go to the Aussie Open next year ;) So no, you're not crazy at all

·
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the nice replies :Hail-Venus , The Crow, Beige and Double fault:wavey:

Yes i'm thinking what will come off of this.Me being in Australia and watching tennis at a GS. But my brother has also been backpacking in Australia (he didn't watched the tennis)but he came back with a lot of debts. But he stills think that i should definally do this!

·
1,793 Posts
I agree with your brother. :) I travelled around Europe when I was younger and came back with a lot of debt. I survived, and so will you Martina Hingisova. You'll grow as a person, and in the process learn so much about the world we share. Look upon it as an adventure, worry about what - maybe - later. Good luck. :)

·
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks df! But it's still far away so.........

·
8,263 Posts
Martina Hingisova,

you are not crazy at all, if you are then I am as well, coz I am gonna leave around 1000 pounds in deficit by the end of this summer coz I am gonna backpack and see the world for 5 weeks after my exam, and it will be fun. I mean as long as it does not hurt your career later on and just believe in yourself that it will be worth it, why not? Do as much stuff you want in your life, and you will never regret!!!

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Well, you are a Hingis fan, so one must question your mental health, but as for the rest of it?

As The Crow said, it's you who has to do the job. If you can handle it, and it enables you to do something you really want to do, maybe it's crazy NOT to.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
:wavey: No, of course you're not crazy!

If I could just drop everything and experience life elsewhere I would!

Dream big and go for what you really want- it'll work out:p

·
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i hope that it will work out!:angel:

·
Team WTAworld, The Martian Llama
20,264 Posts
Jenny fan, why did you have to reply to this thread? Melissa was only asking people's opinion, if you didn't care, then why reply :rolleyes:

Anyway like I said in the other thread Melissa, I think you should definitely go for this, you only live once, you will get another job, this is going to give you so many greater memories than your job will do, it'll be an experience you'll never forget, I think you've definitely made the right choice here!!! :)
Martina has to win now, after you travelling all that distance, and she will win!! :D

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
No you're not crazy!
I can see what you mean, but there's nothing wrong with doing a job just for the money.
But, are you going to switch jobs again after the AO 2003? Just wondering.

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
I don't think you're crazy at all.
If going to the Aus Open is one of your big dreams, you should go for it or you might regret it when you're older.

·
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well Adnil when i get back from Australia than i will go to school again;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts