Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know why there was such flap about not giving Serena an extra day for her first round match and the match itself was not even played with Martinez and whoever the replacement is?

I have looked and looked at first day results and cannot spot that match anywhere.

If that particular damn match has been postponed I really do think they have been unfair to Serena. I cannot believe the Australian Open would allow itself to lose a top-ranked rank player.

They really bungled this one:mad:

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Jakeev, check the threads below. This is being discussed in detail in other threads.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read the other discussions Tine, it still does not tell me why Martinez and whoever did not compete yesterday

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Lina K got a 24 hours delay because she couldn`t prepare herself well for the match in such a short time.(that seems to be a rule) still no answer why this isn`t unfair for Conchita while playing Serena on tuesday was:confused:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I can answer your question thru via e-mail Jake:) I don't want to write anything here due to the truth may hurt feelings or cause an upstir.

By the way the OZ Open is not all that... it seems like it's a cheap tier 2 tourney than a Slam. My opinions of course. The draw was CAPPY. Jennifer got it easy and the rest of the power players were on the same side. Then you got Anna and Justine in rd one.

Anyhow Go Venus with your bad self!!:)

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Oh so Dawnie doesnt like how the draw affected her faves, so suddenly the whole tournament is a Tier 2 tournament?? Pathetic....:rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
699 Posts
It is somewhat strange and ironic for that matter how Serena wanted an extra day, couldn't get one so had to withdraw yet the replacement player, Lina Krasnoroutskaya needs an extra day and gets one. However when you objectively look at the situation and accept that the rules have to be applied at every moment of the scenario it does make sense.

Serena wants an extra day but can't have one because the defending champion, Jennifer Capriati, always plays on the 2nd say so I'm told therefore the entire top half has to also play on Tuesday. So Serena has to withdraw and Lina K moves into her spot as #33 seed.

Apparently Lina K was not on site when she was told of Serena's withdrawal via a phonecall and therefore she could hardly be expected to change her entire schedule and rush around trying to get ready a day early for a match against a different player altogether.

I am totally impartial here since I don't like either play for various reasons. But when you look at it objectively it makes more or less perfect since. But if Serena is your favourite I can see how you'll all be pretty pissed off. But that's the way to cookie crumbles and ya can't do nothin about it :rolleyes: !

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Actually your right on Chezfan!! :D :eek:

But why the rolling eyes here?? The majority of fans feel like I do when alot of early withdrawals and injuries occur before the Tourney gets underway.

Note: Serena's ankle couldn't withstand to play on tuesday anyway. the right thing happened. Serena got off that ankle. :)

Chezfan u also crack me up, I like debates and a fiesty will.:)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
He he your as funny as Chezfan and your not showing love here. your so predictable Vanity.:) *dawn looks to the left and then to the right* wondering why Vanity thinks lil ole me in not calm.. u too funny. :)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Dawn, If Venus wins then, we won't expect much celebration from the Williams camp then, because after all it is only the Australian Open:rolleyes:

If Venus wins the AO plus another slam, and someone else wins 2 slams as well, we won't expect Venus to be in the race for number one b/c the AO is only a Tier II :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW I like Venus and Serena

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks ASV_Fan your post shed some light on the topic and does I guess at least make sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts