Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked out the match statistics of Maria Sharapova's first-round victory over Jamea Jackson and I am a little stumped at the 6-3, 6-1 score.

The two were practically dead even in every category except for the fact Jamea was one up in double faults and unforced errors.

So what gives? The statistics are telling me it should have been a closer match.

Alright now I am probably answering my own question but is it possible Maria gained a lot of points through forced errors?

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
I haven't checked stats as yet but I watched it

Maria after losing her 1st service game to 15 broke back immediately and dominated her.

Although there weren't many winners as both are very quick around court , so there were lots of forced errors.

Stats show Maria won 65 pts to 46

Maria won her games pretty comfortably where Jamea was always hanging on to her serve.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There was a big article in a newspaper in Ireland about her I had never heard of her before that. Apparently she is going to be in next "big thing" in womens tennis. Her coach is hoping that her game should be ready by the ericsson tournament and that she should get a wild card in as her sponsor is also a sponsor of the ericsson. I'll be watching her results with interest now to see if she makes it.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Well, Maria is from Sochi, Russia, same hometown as Yevgeny Kafelnikov. I read somewhere that she started tennis using a broken racket given to her by Yevgeny.

She is from that famous tennis academy in Florida same as Anna K. Pretty impressive in her results so far. Last yr was her 1st year in juniors and she won 3 events.

And it helps that she is a "looker" like Anna K too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Does her coach thinks her game will be ready for the pros by March...:eek:

Also, she is still a child, so I shouldnt criticize, but she is not a looker...She has nothing compared to Anna, she is not even in the same league...oh I'm sorry, she has blonde hair.

She obviously has game, but I don't know why she thinks she has to diss Anna, per her comment that "She wants to win tournaments" as if Anna doesnt want to win tournaments. She is going to be just another person jealous of Anna.

She should remember that Anna won alot of junior tournaments and has yet to turn that into FULL OUT PRO SUCCESS, ala win a tournament. She better hopes the same faith doesnt await her.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh BK4ever this is not the thead for your diatribes against Maria. Read what this topic is about would you and take your stuff elsewhere.

Maria is a dedicated tennis player and I have no doubt she will make it one day. And as for dissing Anna what would you like her to say? "oh I hope to be like her someday?"

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Jakeev,

show me where I dissed her. I was simply responding to the previous post and I gladly admitted that she obviously has talent. There is no bashing and or diatribes anywhere in my message.

I wish Maria and all the upcoming Juniors the best of luck on the tour. What I hate is that everyone, including Junior players always has something to say about Anna. When she was asked about Anna, she could have been more diplomatic, her answer was probably a result of stuff she has heard at the bolletieri, you know they still pissed that Anna ditched them.

What's wrong with saying I want to be like her someday, you say it as if Anna is this horrible person and has never acheived anything in the tennis court. There are lots of players who would kill to have anna tennis record, even withou the tournament wins. She is not the only person on the tour who hasnt won a tournament and she wont be the last.

P.S. Stop being so sensitive. I'm a mature person and I dont come into this forum to diss other posters or players. I come here because I love tennis. I'm sorry if you thought I was harsh about Maria, it was not my intention.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Again I repeat take this up in another post............now since you are mature do you have an answer to the original question of this post?

Oh by the way master of maturity you did diss Maria in your post. Something about her not being a looker or being in the same league as Anna:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
jakeev, saying she has nothing on Anna is not a diss. Furthernore, I was responding to a post by bubble and SteveK, not the topic of the post. This will be my last response. As I said before, I'm not here to engage in Petty fights with posters. I said that I did not mean my post as a diss, simply an observation and a response to previous post. End of story. If you still want to be hostile, go ahead. You will just have to do it by yourself. Ciao

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry buddy but a diss is a diss and you did exactly that. I could care less that you can't fess up to that......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts