Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alonso talks about Hingis

"ESTAR CON MARTINA FRUSTRÓ MI CARRERA"

Julián recuerda aquella relación con Hingis, justo cuando se ha conocido que Martina vive un romance con Sergio García.

Julián Alonso es un tenista que ya no juega al tenis. Fue famoso; primero, por sus golpes y, luego, por su noviazgo con Martina Hingis. La sombra de la suiza, la mejor del mundo, fue demasiado larga y Julián se sintió presionado para estar a su altura.

Ahora sabemos que Martina Hingis y Sergio García son muy buenos amigos. Usted fue novio de la suiza en 1998. ¿Cómo es ella?

-Martina es una chica muy normal. Será número uno o lo que quiera pero es muy sencilla.

-Salieron juntos un año. ¿Cómo les fue durante ese tiempo?
-Si le tengo que ser sincero, a mí no me fue bien, aunque espero que a Sergio le vaya bonito.

-Empecemos desde el principio. ¿Cuál fue el primer flash de amor?
-Tanto como amor... Nos conocimos en Melbourne. Tantos días metidos en un club de tenis provocan que nazcan este tipo de relaciones. Empezamos a vernos y, sin darnos cuenta, estábamos juntos.

-El Alonso de 1998 era un tenista de élite, de Copa Davis y ahora...
-Pasado el tiempo, me he dado cuenta de que estar con Martina frustró mi carrera. Ella era la mejor, y la gente creyó que también debía serlo yo. Hacía lo que podía, hasta que exploté.

-¿Le fastidió la vida?
-Hombre, tanto como eso no. Todo lo que me ha pasado me lo he ganado a pulso.

-Mejor que no le pase lo mismo a Sergio, ¿no?
-Sergio es un grandísimo jugador de golf. Tiene suerte de triunfar en un deporte que no es el tenis. No le van a exigir lo mismo que a Martina.

-¿Qué relación tiene ahora con la suiza?
-Ninguna. Que haga lo que quiera. Éramos jóvenes, hombre. Sabíamos que no estaríamos juntos toda la vida.

-¿Y con la madre de ella? Tiene pinta de sargento.
-Con ella sí que tuve problemas. Un día me dijo que yo era el trigésimo del mundo y que eso era una mierda, también que tuviera cuidado... Me sentó muy mal y le pedí respeto.

Can anyone translate this?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Highlights:

To be with martina frustrated his career. People expected too much of him, because she was the #1 player.
He has no contact with martina now. They were young, they didn't expect to be together for the rest of their lives.
Sergio is one of the greatest golfers, he won't have a problem with Martina.
Julian didn't like Melanie Molitor. She insulted him, told him his ranking was shit, gave him no respect.

I didn't know Martina was going out with Sergio. What happened to Chris?

That girl!!:eek:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
OMG! Are you serious about Melanie?!?!?!:eek:

·
Registered
569 Posts
I know i lithe bit spanish but I didn't understand this piece of the phrase:
"también que tuviera cuidado"

Can someone explain that to me?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
um u mean the last question i'll translate it into english.. its says:

And with her mother?
- Yes i had problems with her. One day she told me i was number 13th in the world and that was shit. That i was well taken care of. It made me feel very bad and i requested some respect from her.

.. he is basically saying that melanie told him he was shit and he was "taken care of" meaning he wasn't any good and that 13th in the world was all he would get to and it meant nothing, more less she was saying he was washed up ...

.. i hope that helped u out a bit..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Martina es una chica muy normal. Será número uno o lo que quiera pero es muy sencilla
Martina is a very normal girl. She might be World No. 1 or whatever, but she's very down to earth.

(I guess this interview was taken when she was No. 1)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey guys..
I ran the article through an online translator machine..
It's a mess.. :rolleyes:

I guess we better wait for Marti_Fan to translate the whole thing.. ;)

"TO BE WITH MARTINA FRUSTRATED MY CAREER" Julián remembers that relation with Hingis, just when himself have known that Martina lives a romance with Sergio García. Julián Alonso is a tenista that no longer plays al tennis. Was famous; first, by its blows and, then, by its noviazgo with Martina Hingis. The shadow of the Swiss, the best of the world, was too much long and Julián was felt presionado to be to its height. Now we know that Martina Hingis and Sergio García are very good friends. You were boyfriend of the Swiss in 1998. How is she? -Martina is a very normal girl. He will be number one or what want but is very simple. -You left juntos a year. How went them during that time? -If I have to be sincere, myself went not me well, although I expect that to Sergio go it pretty. -We harm since the principle. Which was the first one flash of love? -So much as love.. We knew ourselves in Melbourne. So many days put in a club of tennis provoke that they be born this type of relations. We begin to see us and, without giving us account, we were juntos. -The Alonso of 1998 was a tenista of élite, of Cup Davis and now.. -Past the time, account has given me that to be with Martina frustrated my career. She was the best, and the people believed that should also be it I. It did what was able, until exploited. -¿The life irked it? -Man, so much as that not. Everything that me have passed me it have earned to pulso. -Better than not pass the same thing to Sergio, ¿not? -Sergio is a grandísimo player of golf. Is lucky of succeeding in a sport that is not the tennis. Not they are going to require the same thing that to Martina. -¿What does relation have now with the Swiss? -None. That do what want. We Were youths, man. We knew that not we would be juntos all the life. -¿And with the mother of her? It has paints of sergeant. -With her yes that I had problems. A day said me that I was the trigésimo of the world and that that was a mierda, also that had care.. It sited down very badly and I asked him respect.

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Hi! Although I don't have time enough to translate the hole chat I will expalin what it says:
Alonso said that being with Marti when she was the number one was a bit more preasure for him and people was expecting the same for him: being N 1
He also says Sergio is a very talented golf player and very lucky because he's playing a different sport to tennis so comparations will be harder to be done.
Martina is a very talented player but always being realistic about her situation, I mean, she' s asnormal as she can be, not a star.
About Melanie Aloonso said that when he was number 30 in the world she told him that was a s****t so he felt offended and told her to be more respectful
More or lees it's all important things it says, but once again I apologize for my lack of time and for my English.
I hope this will help you all!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way in the Spanish News they said yesterday Marti was in Sergio's village, in his own home!!!!!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
God, he's a bit of a jerk, isn't he? What right does he have to come out and talk about Martina's supposed relationship with Sergio? Mind his own damn business, I say! :( :fiery:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
*sigh* thanks u guys got the jist of it i will translate it is someone wants me too but all the important parts were said.. i was going to do it last night but i was tired and i already translated a long article from spanish to english earlier.. i was just too lazy ;) lol

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
So out of all this, does that mean that Martina and Sergio Garcia are an item at the present time?

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
thefreedesigner said:
So out of all this, does that mean that Martina and Sergio Garcia are an item at the present time?
Looks like it I guess!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Blimey, Martina goes through her men faster than hairspray.

It's funny 'cause there was a golf tournament in Melbourne that started the week after Oz finished, and Sergio was there way before time. I guess he could have been getting aclimatised. ;)

It all makes sense now, however.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Actually he was playing in an event in Perth (the second week of the OZ open) so that might explain why is was there so early, before the tournament in Melbourne (after the Oz open)

I am sure I read in the paper that he was stopped from entering aparticular area within the Melbourne Park complex, because he did not have the correct accreditation (obviously they didn't know who he was)

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
interesting.
I thought I saw a lot of photos of Martina with Chris looking VERY chummy in December. I guess that has fizzled. well, at least her helped her through her rehab!
ruth in philly PA USA

1 - 20 of 27 Posts