Tennis Forum banner

4621 - 4634 of 4634 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
It's hard to know what is going on. She was sick for the Fed Cup, but that should be over now.

She's the underdog against Océane Dodin, who won the W25 in Macon on Sunday. The match is scheduled for this evening.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Océane Dodin d. Mandy Minella 6/4, 6/4

Not a bad match from Mandy, but Dodin has so much more power. She was always ahead in the score. Mandy could have broken back in the last game.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Mandy announced today (in french) that she is switching Luxembourg clubs, from the TC Spora to the TC Arquebusiers (which already features Eléonora Molinaro, Claudine Schaul and Anne Kremer) for the next season.

She mentions that "open and professional discussions (with TC Spora) were not possible during the last seasons". She thanks the Luxembourg federation and former officials of TC Spora, and hopes for many years at the TC Arquebusiers with team matches and "interesting projects".

·
Registered
76,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,628
Has there been any updates about Mandy lately? Is she still planning on ending her career this year, because it would be such a heartbreaking way to end a career like this. :cry:

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
No update, except that she posted pictures of her on a tennis court (which are now open again in Luxembourg, with restrictions).

As I understand it, the timing of her retirement was mainly based on her daughter Emma entering pre-school, this autumn (pre-Covid plans). Mandy wanted to settle down by then. So I don't think she would decide to continue to play in 2021 because 2020 was a lost year.

But who knows ...

·
Registered
76,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,630
Thanks for the update!

It'll be sad to end her career this year, but obviously understandable with her daughter. Can't believe Emma Lina will already be 4 this year!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Actually, Emma Lina will be 3 years old in October this year.

As I was re-checking her birth date, I'm no longer certain whether she will enter school this year, as this autumn only children who became 3 years old before September 1 can enter school (optionally. It's compulsory for 4 year olds).

Maybe Mandy has one more year left before that moment. I remember her retirement being linked to Emma entering school, so I assumed it was this year.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Breaking news:

Mandy is pregnant again, the baby is expected in December

She has also announced that, due to the Corona break, she will not retire at the end of this year as previously planned but she will try a comeback next year (for Roland Garros, if all goes well). She doesn't want to end her career like this, not being able to play.

·
Registered
54,079 Posts
Reactions: Boogaloo
4621 - 4634 of 4634 Posts