18,936 Posts
Re: Allez Mandy Minella! - Volume 2

Mandy qualified in Seoul :bounce:

Wickmayer isn't an easy draw though.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts

When does Mandy get her own sub-forum? We need a dedicated thread for Bino's live score/emotion posts :D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

New Volume.:cheer::cheer:

·
Registered
2,906 Posts

I don't think it has to do with her fanbase, which is huge compared to her ranking ;)

The forum administration probably thinks it's not worth creating a subforum for Luxembourg, because there is only Mandy. But countries like Greece or Israel hardly have more top players, still there is a subforum for each of them.

·
Registered
76,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think it has to do with her fanbase, which is huge compared to her ranking ;)

The forum administration probably thinks it's not worth creating a subforum for Luxembourg, because there is only Mandy. But countries like Greece or Israel hardly have more top players, still there is a subforum for them.
Nah the sub forums are based on poster activity

·
Registered
2,906 Posts

Mandy's first round against Yanina is tommorow, the third match on Court 2, after Bertens-Koukalova and Watson-Gibbs. The first match starts at 4AM european time

·
Registered
19,644 Posts
When does Mandy get her own sub-forum? We need a dedicated thread for Bino's live score/emotion posts :D
Don't worry I guess I will reduce it as I haven't so much time the next weeks and months ;)

I wonder if a sub forum is such a good idea, you have to click many times to read some posts. If you've just one thread you have only to scroll a bit which is much easier. But of course it would improve Mandy's status :)

Wickmayer sometimes gets erratic, Mandy has to go into the rallies, she has to make her consider, needs to play consistent and mustn't get too short. Wickmayer can hit hard but her game has not any surprises.

Better than Watson, Kanepi anyway!

·
Registered
76,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Ok, tuned in now. Looks like the key here to win is Mandy's consistency

·
Registered
76,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

2-2 now.
Looks like Mandy has already put a lot of pressure on Wickmayer's 2 service games and held hers easily

·
Registered
76,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Looks like key is also 1st serve for Mandy because Wickmayer has missed a lot of returns, so far won 9 from 9 points on 1st serve

1 - 20 of 4634 Posts