Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evie has taken a huge financial gamble in the hope that she can really improve her game and career.

She has invested a heap of her prizemoney in hiring her own personal coach for the first time. This is a massive investment for her as she certainly isn't earning a lot at the moment, nor has she the last few months, she has had to save to afford this! Tennis Australia are also helping fund this arrangement as they want to encourage this.

Her coach, now full time, is none other than Chris Kachel who was head coach of the AIS for 8 years. He resigned there end of January this year.

They have been working extremely hard the last month or so after Evie's disappointing Australian Open loss.

Kachel will begin travelling with Evie come April 1st and wil travel with Evie up to 25 weeks this year. He says Evie is deadly serious about this investment and has already put in huge efforts and the commitment and motivation is there to really get her career kickstarted!

·
Premium Member
21,431 Posts
Thanx ausboy!!!

I was wondering why she didnt travel to the Middle East or even Memphis...I really hope it pays off. Evie is a great girl and its great to see her taking her tennis seriously these last 12 months. I saw her working with him at the tennis (I assume it was him) and she looked in high spirits. Its a shame she dropped out of the Top 100, but if she works hard she can get back there (even tho she has lots to defend in Indian Wells)

I must say I was very disappointed and angry at the way she played against Asa in Oz...she just didnt fight at all and didnt put anything into her shots... She's definately capable though, I hope it pays off :)

Good luck Evie!

p.s - One thing he should work on...her second serve!!!! ;)

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Great news.... hope all goes well

Wasn't she working with Lesley Bowrey at the start of 2001 in more than just the Fed Cup captain arrangement? I wondered if her early 2001 wins were the result of lesley's coaching.

She has lost a bit of weight like 8 kilos during 2001. I wonder if she actually had 8 kilos to lose tho???

She got inside the top 70, with an average 2nd serve and a poppy backhand. If she peps up these strokes and keeps a lid on her emotions, then she could go higher!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts