Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know that this is a little premature considering that Henin and Capriati have only won the first set each, but I honestly don't see Myskina and Schiavone coming back.
For a while the commentators have been going on and on about how open the draw was without the sisters when in reality it wasn't. The top players seem to be living up to their seeds. Now the slam really begins. Henin and Capriati had better not let me down!
This is what I believe will happen. There will be another all belgian final come saturday!
Jen will trouble Justine and it will go to a tough third maybe 7/5.
Lindsay will roll over and play dead :mad: . Kim in two easy sets.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
It will be either a Lindsay/Justine final or a Kim/Justine final. There is little chance Jennifer will beat Justine. As most of you know, I am no Justine fan, but she has improved very much on the North American hardcourts and has two titles this year to show for it and I am impressed. Jennifer has really has it as easy as Justine and benefitted from Venus' absence, but she will get no benefit from Justine.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All American!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Sam L said:
Well the positive thing about an all-American final though is that Lindsay or Jenn will have 4 GS and that equals Venus, and whoever that will be will also be greater than Venus since she would've won 4 slams at 3 separate venues. :cool: :lol:
You must be kidding. Neither can hold a candle to Venus on the court.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Sam L said:
Um, if either wins:

Lindsay: 1 AO, 1 WB, 2 US
Jenn: 2 AO, 1 FO, 1 US

Both will be better than...

Venus: 2 WB, 2 US
When is the last time either defeated Venus?? Are you even old enough to remember?? How many GS finals have they been in?? Have either won 35 matches in a row and dominated the tour?? Would either even dream of having a good chance at this Open without the Williams sisters being out?? What did LD and Jennifer say about this?? Are you going to answer honestly?? Probably not.

·
Banned
1,856 Posts
I'm just wondering if Justine now thinks the fans will be tired of "all Belgian" finals as she claimed they would be with the all Williams finals...???...???...??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.