41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Won another title :yeah:

$10,000 Getxo

R1: Aliona BOLSOVA ZADOINOV (ESP) [4] d. Ariadna MARTI RIEMBAU (ESP) 6-1 6-2
R2: Aliona BOLSOVA ZADOINOV (ESP) [4] d. Marta Huqi GONZALEZ ENCINAS (ESP) 6-1 6-4
QF: Aliona BOLSOVA ZADOINOV (ESP) [4] d. Alicia HERRERO LINANA (ESP) 6-1 6-1
SF: Aliona BOLSOVA ZADOINOV (ESP) [4] d. Laetitia SARRAZIN (FRA) [6] 5-0 Retired
F: Aliona BOLSOVA ZADOINOV (ESP) [4] d. Corinna DENTONI (ITA) [3] 6-0 6-2

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,776 Posts
Why is it wise to skip Wimbledon? :unsure: :scratch:
I hadn't seen this question lol. Last year Aliona won like 7 games overall during her grasscourt season. This year she would've had to play the qualifying draw and she would've missed the both 10Ks because she would've been training on grass. She'll have plenty of time to get used to it if she ever makes it to that level so now she should just be focusing on getting her ranking up.

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
I think Aliona's just snatched the best win in her young career!

She qualified for the MD of 25K Clermont-Ferrand (she was the 10th seed in qualies, beat Alice Tubello 1 & 0 in Q1, and 3rd seed and WTA 330 Tamara Korpatsch 6-3 2-6 6-2 in Q2 :yeah:), and she just upset the top seed Océane Dodin (WTA 124) in straights in R1, 3 & 4 :eek: :worship:

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Great win Aliona :eek: Keep it going

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
She lost 6-4 4-6 3-6 to Polina Leykina in R2 today :hug:

It's a bit of a bummer because she had the 3-1* lead in the 3rd set, but looks like she just collapsed after that :[ :tears:

Still it's a great week, it's good that she played a close match against a more experienced player who is in the form of her life! :yeah:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Aliona with Papa Vadim :awww: :hearts:

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Anynews on when Aliona playing her next event ?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Cowgirl Tennis Announces New Signee

Women's Tennis - April 20, 2016

STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State women's tennis coach Chris Young signed one student-athlete to a National Letter of Intent, it was announced on Wednesday.

Aliona Bolsova will join the Cowgirls in the fall of 2016 after finishing one of the most decorated junior careers of any signee in Cowgirl history.

"I couldn't be more excited to have Aliona joining our program next season," Young said. "She has obviously enjoyed a great amount of success and will bring a lot of experience to our program."

Bolsova, a native of Palafrugell, Spain reached No. 4 in the ITF world junior rankings. She has career-high rankings of No. 459 in singles and No. 377 in doubles by the Women's Tennis Association.

Bolsova reached the quarterfinals in both singles and doubles of the 2015 Australian Open Junior Championships.

"I believe it is very important to surround yourself with great people if you want to accomplish great things," Bolsova said. "The Oklahoma State program is amazing, I already have a strong connection with the players and coaches, and I am very excited for what we can accomplish next season."

Bolsova has won multiple titles while playing in the junior ranks, including two singles and two doubles titles in 2015.

"[Aliona] is a great person off the court and our team is very excited for her to join us and become a Cowgirl next season," Young said. "I feel that her best tennis is still to come and I am excited for the opportunity to work with her."
Bolsova will join the Cowgirls in the fall semester.

"I can't wait to get started," Bolsova said. "I am confident I am going to have a great experience both on and off the court and that is why I chose to become a Cowgirl."
Oklahoma State University Athletics - Cowgirl Tennis Announces New Signee

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Pero qué es exactamente Oklahoma State program??? Una universidad? un centro "estatal" de entrenamiento??

·
Premium Member
62,865 Posts
Does that mean that Bolsova is done with pro tennis? :sad:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Entonces esto es "tipico" de Estados Unidos que estudian y compiten a la vez pero no de manera profesional sino entre clubes y cosas asi?

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Update Aliona but and moving up the ranks again. Just won her biggest ITF title, and real close to cracking the top 200 now

Reactions: M.A.S.L.

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
She's come out of nowhere :eek:

QR3 now...

I follow most ITF tennis and I had never heard of her before the QD was released...

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Well, she only needed a pair of those ITF to reach the top.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts