Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/t...-tennis-comeback/story-fn791xvz-1226245828279

Alicia Molik silent on talk of tennis comeback, has first child

Alicia Molik and husband Tim have welcomed first child Yannik Jude Sullivan into the world.

FORMER world No.8 Alicia Molik and husband Tim Sullivan have welcomed their first child in Perth.

Molik gave her son, born last week, a familiar tennis name -- Yannik Jude Sullivan.
Usually in Melbourne at this time of year as a player or commentator at the Australian Open, Molik, 30, is at home with her new baby, and friends say she is doing well.
She has not declared herself retired, but said it was unlikely she would continue playing.
She was even serving up aces as a coach when she was seven months pregnant.
"I couldn't imagine I would (return as a mother)," Molik said in November.
"I'd like to continue really being involved in the development of young kids in the future because I feel like it's my responsibility as well to give back.

"I asked them to protect my ranking in case I ever had that desire, just because I could, not because I necessarily wanted to return at the time.
"The door's always open, but I've played for 12 years and it's quite a rigorous life on tour for nine months a year and I don't think it would really serve as a stable environment for a newborn travelling around week-to-week and being in a different city week-to-week."
Molik has not competed on the WTA tour since the Australian Open last year. She lost in the second round in her comeback from a post-Olympics retirement.

·
Banned
205 Posts
Very nice....her hubby looks a bit like Dean Windass in that pic

·
Registered
38,323 Posts
Congratulations Ala!

·
Registered
36,223 Posts
Considering she just had a baby, talk of a tennis comeback is beside the point. Congrats to Alicia and her family.

Guess she always loved Yannick Noah. :)

·
Trainwreck
58,824 Posts
Her husband looks more like her Dad :tape:. Anyway congrats.

I kinda hope she doesn't make a comeback though. She really wasn't good to watch on her first attempt.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
I remember she was often called a lesbian by a lot of stupid posters here....

Congrats anyway!

·
Banned
17,662 Posts
What would she even do on a comeback? She's not even worth calling local.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts