Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
QRF: [9] Viktoriia Dema def. [7] Ali Collins 6-1 6-3

Is this result surprising after the first round? Sadly no.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
G2 Pontevedra, Spain

[3] Ali Collins (GBR) v Lenka Stara (SVK)
(Q) Nina Olyanovskaya (RUS) v Daria Snigur (UKR)
(Q) Ekaterina Vinnik (RUS) v (Q) Dami Edibson Messiah (ESP)
Kristina Novak (SLO) v [7] Giulia Morlet (FRA)

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
G2 Sanxenxo

R32: (SE) Marta Custic (#313) def. [3] Ali Collins (#80) 6-1 6-3

Ali unfortunate to come up against the in-form Custic who has won 9 of her last 10 matches.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
$15k Sunderland, GB (hard, indoor)

R32: Karola Bejanaru def. (wc) Ali Collins 6-4 6-2

Just Ali's second pro circuit event of the year. Unfortunately with this loss she misses out on a second round match-up against Jodie.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Not sure what her connection with Ealing is, but: http://www.ealingtimes.co.uk/sport/15660698.Ali_Collins_targets_Grand_Slam_success_as_she_takes_to_the_court_with_Andy_Murray/

A sample.

With just a handful of tournaments remaining during the rest of 2017, next year promises to be a big one for Collins as she prepares to make the step up to the WTA circuit.

It?s a jump she knows will be far from easy, but with dreams of one day reaching the world?s top 50, she?s determined to take it in her stride.

?I?m competing in the junior Grand Slams so I?m getting ready now for the Australian Open,? Collins said.

?I?d love to do well at the Australian Open this year, I really feel I could do a bit of damage in the draw.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Traralgon, Australia G1 (hard, outdoor)

R1: (wc) Megan Smith (#165) def. Ali Collins (#66) 4-6 6-2 6-3 :eek:

Ali is on a six match losing streak. She's really not had any notable results since the start of last summer.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
R1: [16] Rakhimova def. Collins 6-2 6-2

W:UE for Ali 13:31. 7 match losing streak now.

Lost in doubles too in a close one.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
With Fran not having defended last year's points so far, Ali has ascended to GB #1.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
With Fran not having defended last year's points so far, Ali has ascended to GB #1.
The fact that Ali lost first round of Glasgow $25k and is now on an eight match losing streak makes this kinda weird. I hope she can snap out of this soon. She's not defending big points until April so she's got time.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Update on the Ali Collins situation (and it is a situation).

$15k Antalya
QR1: Ali Collins def. Ana Jocelijn Cavero Roeper 3-6 6-4 6-2
QR2: Elena Milovanovic def. Ali Collins 6-4 6-3

Ali finally snapped her losing streak beating the Dutch player Cavero Roeper. Unfortunately this result means almost nothing. Cavero Roeper is basically a bagel girl and was on a 21-match losing streak herself. In fact her last win was in 2014 against Colet Weening of the Netherlands who never won a single match. The fact that Ali needed three sets to get past her shows just how low on confidence she must be.

Of course next round she was out in straights to another 17-year-old who just came off winning a Grade 4 junior tournament.

Ali needs an intervention or something. :shrug:

·
Registered
5 Posts
A really nice win to start off her debut at first Hammamet, Tunisia 15k.

QR1: d. BYE
QR2: d. Mathilde Dury (FRA) 6-0 6-3
QR3: v (1) Emeline Dartron (FRA)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ali producing some wins in Tunisia... and has qualified for a 15k event for the first time.

QR3: d. (1) Emeline Dartron (FRA) 6-3 2-6 6-4.

MAIN DRAW
R32: vs Pia Cuk (SLO)

The win vs the top Q seed is a really promising one, and indicates form returning! Hopefully she can keep it up in the MD.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Late charge to earn a WTA ranking, via wild cards into Wirral and Shrewsbury 25K. She won a round in The Wirral, so she won't be at the bottom of the rankings whatever happens in Shrewsbury.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Unlucky to face top seed Rus early again, this time 1st round, but a much better showing, lost 3-6 4-6 but sounded like she was competing well. Maia won, but the less said about most of the others in Shrewsbury, the better.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts