1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
817 Posts
a trainer doesn't make a player ;P , but indeed they can help (I'm sure most amator would do better with the help of a coach that is there for them, I'm sure it would help me ;) )

I have to add that making a 9 year old play 6 hours a day will be costly in the future, it's too much pressure, also the child should rather enjoy its childhood 3 hours max is what i would accept, cause later you feel that you missed your childhood and there is no going back. She has long way until highschool, but still her education will definetely suffer and she will get no chance of going to a good university, because she will have no base (most players don't go to a university, but you need to have some safety in case of an injury).

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
She has trained with every great coach and alot of great players...she WILL BE A HUGE STAR...she will get wildcrads for a lot of tournaments when she turns 14!!! and she is getting taller every month.

·
Registered
12,956 Posts
Her serve looks absolutely disgraceful, worthy of Brie Whitehead. Wasn't she able to serve at like 150 km/h? I've seen plenty of 13 yo's that serve MUCH better than that.

·
Registered
12,956 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking her motion didnt look all that impressive. :unsure:
Indeed. Not only, but she still uses a western grip on her serve :tape:

lol...YOU SAID 13 YEAR OLDS...SHE'S ONLY 9 YEARS OLD!
The 13 yo's I'm talking about are just stuck in average regional/national tournaments and won't go anywhere, probably how Alexus will end up :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts