1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
l. Raymond
6.4 3.6 7.6(9)

Congrats Alex!!

Tough loss.... I think she had 5 or 6 match points....

Great job Lisa!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
5 match points wasted... :sad:

Congrats on a great match played :)

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Poor Alex :sad: :sad:

But tremendous match!!!! :eek:

Congrats for Lisa ;)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
:sad:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Alex is doing outstanding.. I personally can only take positives away from this first final that Alex played in.:):):)

I mean who ever thought(outside of us diehard Alex fans).. that she would climb so high in ranking??

Whooo hoo Go ALEX!!:)

Fearless ALexandra rules!!:)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Does anyone know what she is ranked now and what she would have been if she won?

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Alex should be No 34 next week.

If she'd taken one of those five Match Points, she'd have moved up to No 27.

Anyway a very good performance from Alex this week - though tiebreak nerves denied her the Glassware.

·
Premium Member
19,907 Posts
I'm so proud of her she really gave the veteran a tough go. Like I said before I knew Lisa would win when Alex didn't convert those matchpoints. She will learn how to close out the big ones though I think this is good for her. She fought with Capriati and won that match, and if she keeps playing like this she will eventually win a title.

Good Job Lisa, you've got skills.
Congrats Alex on showing strength this week, you will win a title just keep on keeping on.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Five match points blown.

Alex was not playing VENUS or Martina or Cappy.
She has been playing too many years of competitive tennis to blow that many critical points.

Alex choked.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Tee Rexx shut up.. you fake ass!

Alex has not been playing on the tour COMPETIVLEY that long..She made a great semifinal then disapeared. Actually she is still a young player who is learning her game. Lisa played the points better and Alex got nervous it was her first final.

Choking was not so bad.. because she is not a top player who won many tourneys. Alex is improving her ranking and will beat up on your girl. sooner then you may think.

So don't come in this thread spewing negativity.. infact go start another caption thread and beat it.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
poor Alexandra:sad:
But it was her first final in her career so it was a good tournament for her anyway:)

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
It is people's right to present a logical point of view.
A lot of players choke. The key is not to do it on a regular basis.
alex has not played in any other finals and has no track record.
But, uncontrolled nervousness at critical junctures when you are ahead is choking.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Congrats to Alexandra and I fully expect her to be in the top 20 at the year's end. She is doing great.

There is however still a large gap between her and the younger girls (Dokic, Clijsters,Henin).

Alex lost to Lisa Raymond, who is by no means a shabby player but we've seen what Dokic and Clijsters do to a player like Lisa (Dokic defeated her 6-3 6-0 in New Haven last year and Kim beat her 6-2 6-2 in Luxembourg).

Also, Jelena, Kim and Justine all won their first tour events in their first tour final. So I still think there's a gap but Alexandra is really starting to get her freak on.

Good Luck to Alex and her fans for the rest of the year!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Stevenson has a big power game like Jennifer Capriati and if you look at Capriati's track record against Lisa Raymond, you will see that Stevenson did not choke. Jennifer and Lisa's matches usually go to three close sets and either one can win.

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
Oh well, better luck next time Alex :kiss:

and congrats lisa

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Oh Alex:sad:

I really wanted her to win!But hey she pushed Lisa all the way!

She'll soon be Top 20

1 - 20 of 24 Posts