Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Alanis fans here? If so how long have you been a fan and what's your favorite song by her??
I've been a fan for about a year (but a very obsessed one! I have all of her songs including the ones off her first two albums (the pop ones, released in Canada!))

My Favorite song changes every couple of weeks but currently it's Simple Together!

"This grief overwhelms Me
It burns in my stomach
And I can't stop bumping into things
I thought we'd be Simple Together
I thought we'd be Happy Together
I thought we'd be Limitless Together
I thought we'd be Precious Together
But I was Sadly Mistaaaken"

·
Registered
33,292 Posts
I'm not a big fan, but I like her music a lot :)
My fav song of her is 'Ironic' I just love that song.

·
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, all her songs rock! =D

Anyone here have Feast On Scraps? I heard she was really funny in that, with all the clips and stuff, but some people said the sound quality was poor in some places....From what I heard it sounded cool though, but I haven't seen it....

Reactions: Megli

·
Registered
33,292 Posts
I still need to buy her last cd, I did not hear it yet. (And it's old already :p )
I became a fan of Alanis after hearing 'Ironic' for the first time.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
the jagged pill album was great...i duno what happened to the next albums tho...i like her better then than now...she's more girly now...and she has discovered the use of shampoo :eek: ;)

·
Registered
33,292 Posts
Yes, true. the Jagged pill one of my fav albums. It's one of the first I did ever buy.

·
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, alot of people like JLP better then SFIJ and SFIJ more then URS.....but I think FOS tops them all.....there were more songs she should have put on that cd though (unreleased songs) but FOS is just great...it's got like Sister Blister, Unprodigal Daughter. Bent4U, Simple Together and other great songs.... =D her unreleased song "King of Intimidation" should have been on there too! (though I believe that song is really old)

·
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥
67,911 Posts
Are you joking? She is my musical heroine.I've been a big fan since "Jagged little pill".
Mmm,very difficult for me to tell a favourite song of hers,so I'll list some:

-21 things I want in a lover
-Forgiven
-Hand in my pocket
-You learn
-Hands clean
-Joining you
-No pressure over Capuccino
-Simple together
-Sister blister
-Sorry to myself
-Unsexy
-Thank U
-That particular time
-You owe me nothing in return
-Utopia

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I really like Alanis, I like SFIJ alot, but Jagged Little Pill is a musical landmake for woman artists.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I LOVE Alanis.

My fave songs are:

You Oughta Know
Hand In My Pocket
You Learn
Ironic
Your House
So Pure
So Unsexy
Hands Clean
Uninvited

·
Supposed Former , Administrator
9,536 Posts
Yeah she's okay :D

She's my absolute fave singer for some reason, i dunno why really i just adore her. JLP was the first album i would listen all the frigging time, i know like all her songs by heart and it would be simpler for me to make a list of the songs i don't like.

My current fave songs are those on Feast On Scraps, Purgatorying (my sig) , Unprodigal Daughter and Bent 4 U.

The DVD is okay, frankly i'm a bit disappointed, the sound quality sucks big time cos she wants to put the real sound but yeah whatever when you can't hear anything, it's not great.

Alanis is back to the studios, that's good news. JLP remains her best album by far, i like SFIJ a lot, it's just totally not commercial. URS is good, i also think she always releases the worst songs as singles. Head Over Feet, Uninvited for example are two songs that should have been big hits!

Anyway, i'm not gonna go and on and on, but glad to see some alanis fans in here :D she rocks my world yay! :bounce:

Anyone seen her live btw? I have, in 2000. Loved the show and i want to see her again even though she's not coming to the UK this summer but mostly Germany..

·
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
God....I pray to God (who I don't believe in even!) to be able to see her live sometime! I idolize her! =D

Anyway....I think her best album was Feast On Scraps =D and worst (though I love them all, nI just love it the least) is URS, simply because I think it lacks a little in the 'hard-rocking' kind of socks, and we always need some of those! Anyway.....Joining You should have been a single! With a Video! Sad thing is they DID film a video for it but alanis didn't like the way it turned out and they never released it =(

·
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥
67,911 Posts
Her worst album is the dance one she released before jagged little pill.I bought it cause it was Alanis,but she sounds nothing like her.And frankly i don't like it.

·
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Veron...there were two dance albums she released in Canada before she moved here and became an "Artist" rather then just a "singer". They don't sound anything like her, but there are still a couple cool, upbeat songs there....like "Too Hot" and "Oh Yeah"

·
Supposed Former , Administrator
9,536 Posts
I used to have 'Too Hot' on mp3 and would listen to it in my cheery, silly moods lol, how is it going again? 'Too hot, never too cold?' :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts