Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I mean, Sharapova is the first major player to say something and her match was actually called off in set two. Siegemund and Sharapova both didn't want to continue. Perhaps this will gain more attention...let's see what Djokovic, Federer, Rafa and Serena experience.
[/QUOTE

I think Sharapova was behind by 2 breaks in the 1st set, and came back to force a TB. She was down at least 1 break, maybe 2, in the 2nd set and came back to tie the set. Also, this match was 2.3 hours long. The second set, at 5 - 5, was over an hour long.

·
Registered
82,825 Posts

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
:eek:h: ITF with that distribution needs to get fired. AO is in shambles... bad timing... bushfires won't make it easy for the tournament.

·
Registered
82,825 Posts
Last year the heat - this year the fire ..perfect excuse for all who lose..

·
Registered
22,846 Posts
Ok ok, but this thread is a Show time, Fake News o Real Life...I mean, if I'm losing any match at AO, it was for fire smoke...?
she didn't lose but had to retire while being up a set because of a severe coughing fit caused by the poor air quality in melbourne, that's a huge difference. heat is one thing to handle by heat policy, breaks, proper hydration and ice towels, but players can't escape unprecedented smoke in open courts when it irritates lungs and respiratory system the whole match long.

·
La nuit je mens
87,066 Posts
And while the outcasts of qualifying were battling it out in the smoke, the top players all trained under the three roofs with AC on.
Quite the picture. Disgusting. Disgusting from the tournament and disgusting that none of the top players on site actually asked for the quali matches to be moved inside instead of their training sessions.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Last year the heat - this year the fire ..perfect excuse for all who lose..
So not only you are homophobic but you also act like these fires aren’t bad at all and it’s just an excuse? Can we ban this user?

·
Registered
82,825 Posts
So not only you are homophobic but you also act like these fires aren’t bad at all and it’s just an excuse? Can we ban this user?
I never siad that.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Going indoors won't change much, esp in the stadiums. They aren't filtering the air. Smoke will still be an issue.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Kvitova certainly must be poised to protest the air due to her Asthma that she hasn’t been shy about- would be a nightmare for people with such conditions.

·
Registered
82,825 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,629 Posts
And while the outcasts of qualifying were battling it out in the smoke, the top players all trained under the three roofs with AC on.
Quite the picture. Disgusting. Disgusting from the tournament and disgusting that none of the top players on site actually asked for the quali matches to be moved inside instead of their training sessions.
It would be ideal if the AO could accommodate all players including qualifiers but realistically it's impossible. It's unfortunate but I suspect their will be more players retiring due to conditions which is out of the tournaments control. The question remains: Is the AO wrong in protecting the top players versus qualifiers? In the real world money talks so some people are going to be disappointed in the end.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts