Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 142 Posts

La nuit je mens
Lol how Pouille's words got manipulated in this thread

Registered
The whole thing is a terrible advert for Australia. It's about time they cut their 70% reliance on fossil fuels and their huge carbon footprint. This is going to happen again in future years unless they do.

Stefi V枚gele on the situation today:

芦So etwas habe ich noch nie erlebt. Es riecht 眉berall nach verbrannten Dingen. Auch ich war physisch nicht gut drauf und hatte M眉he mit dem Atmen禄

I have never experienced something like this. Everywhere it smells burnt. I was not well physically either and struggled to breathe.

Conny Perrin:

"Ich kann diese Eile nicht nachvollziehen. Man h盲tte die Qualifikation auch am Samstag oder Sonntag zu Ende spielen k枚nnen."

I cannot understand the hurry. They could also have completed the qualification on Saturday or Sunday.

Registered
Meanwhile Sharapova retired in an exho match...

La nuit je mens
this is very overlooked but what jakupovic experienced today is a huge scandal. a shame on tournaments behalf for not taking the necessary precautions for player's health and safety. if nadal have had this coughing crisis, it would have created world wide trend topic.
Not that overlooked. Here it France, it was like the 2nd or 3rd topic during the news on the radio. Never have I expected to hear Noah Rubin's and Jakupovic's names when listening to mid day news.

La nuit je mens
Tournament director saying the decision were made with experts.

Basically telling us that experts in Melbourne decided to ask the population to stay inside and, at the same time, decided it was good enough for outdoor tennis.

BS.

Registered
This sounds like its going to be a very dangerous 2 weeks. Like when the heat is so extreme but they leave the roofs open. This might be more dangerous

Registered
Meanwhile Sharapova retired in an exho match...
I read that article. Maybe it really is as bad as the media is saying.

Registered
Tournament director saying the decision were made with experts.

Basically telling us that experts in Melbourne decided to ask the population to stay inside and, at the same time, decided it was good enough for outdoor tennis.

BS.
I mean, Sharapova is the first major player to say something and her match was actually called off in set two. Siegemund and Sharapova both didn't want to continue. Perhaps this will gain more attention...let's see what Djokovic, Federer, Rafa and Serena experience.

Registered
She was so close to win the match... :/

All the best to Dalila. I hope ITF will try to find a solution.

Registered
This sounds like its going to be a very dangerous 2 weeks. Like when the heat is so extreme but they leave the roofs open. This might be more dangerous
Just depends on the weather patterns.
It's now 2 a.m. and the air quality is now Poor, about the same as Shanghai i.e. much better than yesterday.
Rain is expected this evening, which will clear the air for a couple of days at least.

Registered

La nuit je mens
61 - 80 of 142 Posts