40,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANOTHER sloppy serving match :lol: :awww:

But she got through and that's all that matters! :yeah:

·
Registered
23,292 Posts
good job venus :)

but meilen :sad: 2nd set should have been yours...3 bps for *6-5 and then 2 gps for 6-6 but she blew them all :( good tournament from you anyway :hug:

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Wow, close second.
Meilen was up an early break, but Venus got it back at 4-4 ... and then Meilen had a few bps to go up 6-5.
Nice fight Vee.

She has to find her serve consistentcy.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
as much as i hate to admit it, golovin will devour venus if she plays like that in the next round. venus started out serving beautifully - 100% on second serve points won and very high first serves. don't know what the hell happened, but it wasn't pretty

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Get it together Venus. :lol: :rolleyes:

Whatever u did to end the match at 5-5 you could have done long before. Good luck vs. Golovin tomorrow, but :unsure: Tati is playing well.

·
Premium Member
21,090 Posts
Good job Venus, one match at a time as usual. I'm glad she's getting in the match play. Hopefully the consistency will come when she needs it. Each match helps I think.

Good job to Tu for putting up a good fight, especially in the 2nd set.

It should be a good match between Vee and Golovin.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Congrats Venus, fix that serve though it could make the difference in a match against a tougher opponent!

Good luck in the semis.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Lady V got the job done. :cool:

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
Meilen :hug:
Great fight in the second set. Wasted so many chance to take the second.

Good job Vee :yeah:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I hope these matches are giving Venus the confidence and match play she needs, because the double faults and service breaks are killing me. It seems like every part of her game fell apart in that second set. Golovin will be tougher to be than Patty and Melien. I pray Venus does something about her serve before tomorrow. She does not need to lose to Golovin twice in a row.

Go Venus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
35,898 Posts
That second set should have been Melien. Bad luck. :hug:

Congrats Vee. You got Tati next, and she's in great form. Watch out for her. You defeat may be imminant.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
when venus lost to golovin on venus & serena for real - (i thiink it was at charleston) she actually cried. venus better hit the practice courts and work out those kinks because I will the one be crying if, god forbid, she does not prevail

1 - 20 of 91 Posts