Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could they HAVE gone down in history if they kept it up .. they won alot together .. making both #1's that season .. and besides YEC I dont see where they lost .. they dominated alot of it .. so if they stayed what could have happened

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Its hard to say what COULD have happened, but they were successful when together. But i cant see Kim playing doubles too much anymore because of her injury problems atm

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
I do think they could have been a team to go down in history. They were able to beat Suarez/Ruano Pascual on a VERY regular basis and practically no one can do that this year. If Kim and Ai had kept going, they would have been one of the great teams in history. It's only my opinion :) Plus, they probably would have won the US Open last year, but because of the rain, Kim decided to withdraw from doubles. I can't see who could have stopped them to the title... Except Suárez/Ruano Pascual.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
If they did, it would be a detriment to Kim's singles career. There will be no more Navratilovas. Just think how dominant they could have been last year if the US Open had some clue how to combat rain.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
They were great but Kim can just not afford to play singles and doubles, as she goes to the later stages of tournies in both departments.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
PointBlank said:
Could they HAVE gone down in history if they kept it up .. they won alot together .. making both #1's that season .. and besides YEC I dont see where they lost .. they dominated alot of it .. so if they stayed what could have happened
they lost every time they played the williams sisters. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts