·
Registered
8,764 Posts
I did :sad: It brought a tear to my eyes. :sad:

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
So was that her going away ceremony?? I hope there's a video...it's nice seeing all those players (veterans and young players) helping her say farewell! Huber, Black, Schiavone, Hantuchova, Safina, Dementieva, Srebotnik, Stubbs and others...they clearly like Ai.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Not my Sugi!!!! This makes me so sad to see her go. I always enjoyed watching her positive energy on court, and seeing how much fun she had out there playing. I hoped she would continue for as long as her body would let her, but I guess it just wasn't in her heart. Here's to a successful last tournament and to a wonderful future doing what makes her happy!

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Retirement :sad:
Twofold meaning to that word now. :sad:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I'll miss this forum being here.... looks like Ai's Army will be moved after this week maybe. Might as well make use of it here.

Disappointing in a way, but I think it's not too bad for her career to end. This entire year has been a bit unfortunate and she'll probably finish 2009 out of the top 100. Overall, it was probably a good time to retire.

I wonder what she'll do afterwards. I always had the idea that she did everything with her mother around. Does that mean that after this, she can finally start exploring other interests and possibly romantic interests?

I look forward to hearing updates on how Ai's retirement. :D

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Yeah I do too.
It's true this year was a tough one for her :hug:
Ai, the future is yours :)

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
A player who has hardly ever retired does so now. Really sad... I can't see her competing tomorrow as well then. :sad: Hope she will have a great life after tennis...

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
I'll miss you so much Ai! But I think now is the best time for her to move away from the game, and I wish her all the happiness and luck in the world for her new life :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
WOw!!!!!!!!THE DREAM TEAM!! SUPER!

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
I'm sure! Daniela brought her A game last night, she was winning crucial points after Ai made mistakes :) Ai played well too, but she got nervous at the end of the first and the end of the second.

Good on Daniela, and Ai!:)

·
Registered
25,438 Posts
Take the title Hantuyama :bounce:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
I can`t believe it either, PCR.
:kiss: Take care, Ai, it was a pleasure :kiss:

·
Registered