Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In her website diary, she wrote about scheduling which the USTA made during the USO. She was angry how they made schedules for American players during the rainy tournament...so some of the players had to play so tightly... (well, obviously, she was one of them...)

She wasn't angry at Kim's decision for doubles at all. She said she would do the same if she was her... well, I mean, Singles means more to Kim for sure... and no one could blame about the weather... but USTA could think more for players (well, I understand that they had to think like that to earn more $$ in their tight situations too.)

She wrote that she'd suggesting WTA these issues for the players benefits as a representative of the players.

She also talked about how disappointed she was regarding her loss at 4th round. She felt she could've won so many times... but she has been realizing that she has been playing really well (she mentioned how tough she had to keep up her mental condition as well when she plays good.).

Anywho... she seems like becoming a top 10 player now...

Go AIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :bounce:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can only see the page in Japanese! How can I fix this?

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
I can give you the translation of the original text if you want to.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ai seems like a player with a lot of credibility among her peers and most tennis fans. I hope that when she speaks, authorities don't take it as sour grapes, but, take appropriate action to prevent such scheduling biases in the future. Her match and the other one that lasted four days was totally uncalled for.

ex hopman, it would have taken less time than a warm up to let those women finish their two matches. I don't think the organizers were thinking about making money in tight situations. I think the USTA took advantage of a bad situation and mistreated those ladies because they considered them to be nobodies.

Ai is a very competent professional. I wish her the best in reaching the top 10.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I could reach the top10 if beating ElenaD this week. If not this week, by winning her home event in Tokyo in 2 weeks time, she should be ready for the top10 finally !

She´s such a smart player :)

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hoytie said:
Maybe the US Open can be moved to Japan.
You can bet the Japanese would do a better job of scheduling matches.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
ai looked to have the match against schiavone wrapped up but rain ( when schiavone was serving to stay in the match ) and bad schedule prevented her...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Good for Ai!! Hopefully her complaints went beyond her web site diary.

My issues with the scheduling aren't about who was on what court - obviously American players are more popular and would be on show courts.

My issue was with how American players were put on courts so much faster than other matches. Agassi/Dent got in 2 sets of play before Ferrero/Martin took the court. That was ridiculous!!

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Good for Ai!! Let's hope more and more have the courage to speak out!

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
I agree completly with Ai. Its no coicidence that Jenny/Lindsay/Andy/Andre all had days off when the rest of em were sittin in the locker room waiting for the rain.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Sonic The Hedgehog said:
Hopefully the USO aren't mean to her next year.

People in tennis seem to be.

We might be looking at Ai on court 54 next year, located somewhere near a building site?
yeah, probably close to SW19

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hoytie said:
Maybe the US Open can be moved to Japan.
How about move RG to Tokyo? At least the fans there don't verbally abuse the players there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts