Tennis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Jan from good old germany and I live currently in Leipzig. I'm 22 years of age and since the fed-cup sucess of Slovakia (Slovensko) I know her (not personlly (this would be very nice :)) but there is a very young talented slovakian female player outside . It should be possible to visit the next WTA Tier II event in Leipzig. Daniela Hantuchova will be probably there. If yes I would may be write for you some reports. I also want to try to eschange with her some words. Something more about me. I'm currently student and I ca also speak good slovak, because I learned it for my slovak friends. They are I have to say from Bratislava, so I read about "Mouse" that she is from the other side of Slovakia. And "Bratislavcania" are not very popular in Kosice.....
I personally love Slovakia very much. High Tatras especially. And threre was Danielka born- in Poprad. I was there last year, but didn't know at these time- that Danielka was born there. I bought there a slovakian ice hokey (these one of Ziggo Palffy ) shirt. 2002 was a great year for slovakian sport. The gold metal in Schweden by the hokey-player's (I like most Petko Bondra, Miro Satan, Ziggo Pallfy and the cool goal- kepper Jan Lasak- unbeleaveble was his save against Schweden - sorry I realised that in this strong community ist also a boy from SWE- but his save in Overtime....) then the big sucess of slovakias "Water-queen" Moravcova and the the golden girls around Daniela Hantuchova (I like especially here backhand and here overall game style - but lately there are some problems... mentally, maybe with weight - who knows...?? But she is talented engough to come over all these problem's and handle with those...she only needs her time and we should give her the time... )
who brought the Cup for the first time to Slovakia. And in order to have luck I can remember the the girls weared the shirts of the slovakian- hokey team. The first time when I really followed a match of her from beginning to the end was at the australlian open against power (wo)-men Venus.Before I saw a online clip of Danielka at the press-conference (I think after the match against Schnyder) and I was impressed by here big lovely smile and after this online clip I got as you folks would say a big "Danielaholic"

Some more informations about me:
I'm studying history, westslavian languages (currently I can speak slovak, pollish and czech (but when I start speak in czech I fall back in most cases after a while in the most beautiful language- Slovak) and a bit russian) and south-easteuropean studies.
My hobbys are : Tenis (watch and play), fitnes, go to cinema, to meet with friends, to hear music (I like some slovak bands- like Team (especially Pavel Habera) , Ine Kafe and Elan, I like also polish bands like "Wilki"), learning languages, Slovakia (history, politics.... I also hear sometime's slovak radio : "slovensky rozhlas"), Poland(als history, politics and so on), to watch ice- hokey games - I like most the style of the czech and slovakian hokey- but most the slovakian ice hokey.
My favourite tennis players are : - women: DANIELA HANTUCHOVA, Jaromila Gajdosova (will be the next slovakian tennis star- 16 years of age- reached the semi in Wimbledon jun. and lost with the same score like Daniela against Asoage - 10-12 in zhe 3rd. I think so. She was also nominated for the fedcip match against belgium and was by the date of first fedcup nomination 10 day approximately younger than Daniela), Zuzana Ondroskova (a big exotic- from Czech for long time a big talent but without a breakthrough yet...- I saw here match in Antwerpen against Henin- what a great potential but she suffer's from mental problems), Marta Domochowska (a big polish talent- she is also pretty well)- beside those exotic one's I like Vera Zvonareva, Justin Henin Hardenne, A. Myskina, Chanda Rubin
- man's: Dominik Hrbaty (he was I think in 98 close to upset Pete Sampras at Aus. Open and have against Agassi and Sampras a positive match record! he is currently 25 and has been failed yet to get a really breakthrough), Jiri Novak, Pete Sampras, T. Haas (is injured), Fabrice Santoro

So I think that's engough.....

I'm sorry for my mistakes and I'm still working to improve my knowledge in english. I hope to come with you all in contact, because we all do have one thing in common - we all like Daniela!

Greetings to all, Jan

PS.: From 26th of August I won't be on internet for a while because of holidays)

Reactions: paycheck

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Hi Jan! :wavey:

Look like Graham has another friend who can drool over Myskina pics with. :lol:

And your English is fine! :angel: God knows I don't know as many languages as you do! :wavey: And have a nice vacation! :angel:

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,629 Posts
hey Jan!!!! :wavey: great to see the Cocktail blooming with new fans! i think for this month like 3 weeks, we had like 4-5 new members! :eek: thats a lot considering months before there werent many of us! :p

anyways,, Welcome to the CP! i notice you on a few weeeks early and was confused to why you didnt post early!!! hahaa guess you were waiting for the 'perfect' timing eh..? hehe

anyways.. welcome !!!!!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
ahooooooooooj :) :wavey:
i have no prob with "bratislavcania" actually i was in bratislava last week :) terrible....just seeking around-WHAT IF DANKA IS AT HOME feeling :) but i havent meet Her-maybe next time....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.