Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am living in a country where the sport of tennis in very small, and where Clijsters and Hewitt could walk completelt unnoticed. Therefore I was really supriced to see both Corretja and Capriati in my hometown yesterday. I was also supriced to find out that Corretja is Agassis little sister.

For some reason Norwegian race horse owners think it is very cool and exotic to name their horses from tennis stars. Earlier we have had Sampras, but he was so useless that he was gelded :sad: and taken out of training.
Yesterday, Corretja, the mare,won, but the young filly Capriati showed no talent and was last :topic:

·
Registered
25,445 Posts
:confused: :confused:

·
stubborn procrastinator
112,806 Posts
Lol @ salima

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The name Chris Evert maybee brings luck, because the horse was a tremendous runner.
i once noticed a horse called The Wonder Davies, could it be from our Devonder Davies?
I think and hope they have to ask for permition before they name a racehorse after a person, but I don´t think Capriati has been asked.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
In Australia we had a race horse called "Navratilova". It had a fairly resonable career although not quite as illustrious as the Human version ;)

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
There's also a racehorse named "Kournikova". The horse won a race and the newspapers predictably went ahead and made jokes about the tennis player.

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
lol!crazy place.

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
WtaTour4Ever said:
Andre Agassi has a sister?

***I get it now....I was like wtf is he talking about horses for?
Don't you guys remember a few years ago when Andre was not able to concentrate on his tennis because both his sister and mother were diagnosed with breast cancer at the same time?

How quickly we forget. :sad:

Reactions: WasKirt

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
That's so true BigTennisFan ...

:lol: @ this thread though - until the picture loaded though I had no idea what it was on about.

·
Registered
352 Posts
salima said:
once noticed a horse called The Wonder Davies, could it be from our Devonder Davies?
I would speculate that it was the other way around: Dewonder Davis was named after the horse. I am sure though that the horse was much better at what it was doing than Dewonder Davis is at tennis ;) .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts