1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news/ap/20020223/ap-agassi-rolex.html

Agassi sues Rolex

February 23, 2002

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Andre Agassi has sued the luxury watch manufacturer Rolex for using his name and likeness without consent, his attorney David Chesnoff said Saturday.

The lawsuit was filed in federal court Friday.

No one at Rolex was available for comment on Saturday.

The lawsuit cites at least two television commercials -- one in 2000 and another in 2001 -- in which Rolex used footage of Agassi without his permission. The one broadcast in 2001 showed a Wimbledon match between Agassi and Australian Patrick Rafter. Rolex is a Wimbledon sponsor.

Agassi seeks a minimum of $2 million in damages.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Will Rafter sue too? :cool:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
How damaging it must be for Agassi to see a clip of himself at Wimbledon, shown by the sponsors of the tournament. I hope he gets all the millions he can from this shocking episode so that he can begin to piece his life back together.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
He I would sue too when I saw myself in a commercial and didn`t get paid for it :cool:
It`s about rights, happens often.
Brad Pitt also sued the man who made his weddingrings because he selled replica`s under the name the Brad and Jennifer rings;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Oh, two millions...why not ten? The stars are really stupid. Agassi has 200millions for sure! and he wants now 2 just because Rolex presented 2 TVspots???

Oh, my god...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts