Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm creating another thread , bear with me :hysteric: (I should apply for an episode of My Strange Addiction :eek:h:), but there really is a promising bunch amongst the 2004-2005 born Czech girls! :D

Club: I.ČLTK Praha

Favourite player: Sharapova :devil:

Best singles results in 2018:
• won the Cat. 2 G16 on clay in Brno in April (she was the 2nd seed, destroyed top seed and fellow 2004 born Czech Barbora Palicova 0 & 2 in the final :bolt: :worship:)
• won the Cat. 1 G14 on clay in Rakovnik in May (she was the 5th seed destroyed 2nd seed and excellent claycourter Erika Andreeva 0 & 2 in QF, beat 3rd seed Aliona Falei 5-7 6-1 6-3 in SF and 6th seed Kristina Volgapkina [who straightsetted top seed Palicova in QF] 5-7 6-1 6-3 in the final :bolt: :bowdown:)
• SFist at the Cat. 2 G16 on indoor hard in Milovice in March (she was the 4th seed, lost to 15 yo 2nd seed and eventual champion Antonia Ruzic 2-6 6-2 2-6 in SF :awww: :hug:)
• QFist at the clay G4 in Prague last month, which was her very first G18 (she received a MDWC there, destroyed 3rd seed Fanni Gecsek [16 yo, Top 250] 3 & 2 in R1 and beat Arianna Zucchini 2 & 0 in R2, before falling to 5th seed Darja Vidmanova [15 yo, #367] 6-7(2) 3-6 in QF :awww: Fellow Czech went on to win the whole thing! ;))

So some pretty impressive and promising wins :eek: but also some disappointing performances at the most prestigious tournaments so far: at Les Petits As, the U14 Slam on indoor hard in France in January, she was the 16th seed and got routined by Joelle Steur 4 & 2 in R1 :|; and last month at the U14 European Championships held at home on clay, she got dragged 2 & 1 by Laura Hietaranta in R3 (she was the 5th seed, had a bye in R1 and beat Michaela Laki 6-1 7-6(7) in R2). :( :hug:
Also had a weird R1 exit at her first tournament of the year, a Cat. 2 G16 on indoor hard in Milovice, where she lost in straights to Terezie Pluharova in R1 as the top seed.

But generally, she's looking like a good prospect along with Palicova, they're just behind the 2 Lindas, who have exceptional results, in terms of results. :) I have no idea about how she plays, but I guess that given her great wins she's a ballbasher with a very high peak? :eek:h:

Iguess she's gonna play a few more G18s by the end of the year (she's played only 1 so far). :dance: GL in the future! :cheer:

·
Premium Member
65,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Current European U14 Top 10 :dance:

·
Premium Member
65,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few pics:

Last week at the World Junior Tennis Finals (U14 Fed Cup) in Prostejov: she was part of the Czech team with Linda² (but didn't get to play much, as the Lindas played most of the matches :awww:), they were the top seeds but fell to 3rd seeds Russia in the final :hug:

A few matches, from last year (there are not many on YouTube):

·
Premium Member
65,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with Palicova & Noskova last month in Most for U14 Summer Cup :D :hearts:

·
Premium Member
65,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:awww:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Meanwhile Agáta played up in ITF tour and managed to win two matches to get into qualifying round of 15k Říčany. That gives whe no points this year but at the end of they year, she gets a new ITF ranking for that as getting in to a qulifying round of 15k (W15 sicne 2019) is worthy 1 ITF point.

She is on entry list of another local 15k, Milovice (26 Nov), she will need a wild card there again though. Her peers are yet to be seen on that level, Fruhvirtova is not eligible yet and Nosková is 14 since just this month though. Nosková could actually benefit from the changes and might have a good shot at entering main draws of W15 in 2019 through junior reserved places.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Agáta got a wild card into RPM Junior Open 2019, czech grade 1 ITF junior tournament. In doubles she got together with Viďmanová, in singles she is facing Julia Avdeeva (RUS, 16, 301) in first round.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts