Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
745 Posts
Ai said:
What are some careers/job that some players do after they have retired from tennis?
I always wonder this too so I hope you get a good response! 'Where Are they Now?' type programmes and information always fascinates me.

We all know what Steffi does - marriage, babies, charity work.
TV presenters: Sue Barker - big jobs in the UK.
Commentators: A lot of British players on Eurosport - Sam Smith etc. Virginia Wade gets rolled out for Wimbledon and Roland Garros.

But what about Natasha Zvereva? Novotna? Sabatini? Anke Huber? The list goes on, and I'd love to know!

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
46,046 Posts
AsGoodAsNew said:
I always wonder this too so I hope you get a good response! 'Where Are they Now?' type programmes and information always fascinates me.

We all know what Steffi does - marriage, babies, charity work.
TV presenters: Sue Barker - big jobs in the UK.
Commentators: A lot of British players on Eurosport - Sam Smith etc. Virginia Wade gets rolled out for Wimbledon and Roland Garros.

But what about Natasha Zvereva? Novotna? Sabatini? Anke Huber? The list goes on, and I'd love to know!
It seems Natasha has realised her dream and now owns her own farm :)

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Paule22 said:
Anke Huber is a proud mother and organizer of Filderstadt.
Who's the baby's father? did she got married/have a boyfriend?

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
rhz said:
Who's the baby's father? did she got married/have a boyfriend?
He's called Roger Wittmann. They are married. Has 4 other kids with 3 other women :D
They got the child in spring 2005.

He is the manager of somewhat 150 footballers.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I thought Sabatini was involved in permume, etc. but I wasn't 100% sure...She's still very beautiful:)

What about Coetzer, Novotna, etc.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Natasha Zvereva is also something of a film producer if you believe the Belarussian press. The star of the movie she is allegedly producing is former player, Olga Barabanschikova.

A lot of players retire and then turn their hand at either coaching or commentating. They can never really get away from teaching or talking about tennis because most of them didn't finish high school and have no fall-back plans. The top players don't really need one as most can get jobs in tennis, as motivational speakers or spend the rest of their lives in leisure, but the players who end their careers breaking even or at a loss, either go back to school or end up doing menial jobs like waitressing, janitorial or reception.

Gabriela Sabatini seems to do a lot of charity, promotional and motivational speaking work. She plays exhibition matches sometimes and reportedly still hits a few times a week.

Amanda Coetzer married a wealthy film producer and lives in Los Angeles.

Jana Novotna took up coaching Carly Gullickson for a short period but then began to play golf. She also commentated on TV from time-to-time and even caddied for someone on the ladies golf tour, reportedly a lover.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mabey just relax and watch the winnings that they got over there career!

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Gaby is sord of a bussiness woman, she has her own brand of perfumes, although it's not very succesfull or well known, at least not here in Argentina.

I always thought retired players who were not that succesfull end up as tennis coaches. I used to go to tennis classes with a girl who had had a very succesfull junior career but never made it to the pros because she just wasn't prepared for it. She told me she used to bagel Paola Suarez and Mariana Díaz-Oliva :eek:

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
That post just made me wanna search for her results on the web, I found nothing :eek:, only an argentinian website that said something about her coach's experience, whose name is Luis Cárdenas, and saying that she made it to #6 in juniors in 1989/1990, her name is Ileana Carreón, just in case anyone knows about her :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts