Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few things.

1 - Obviously talk of the calendar Slam was extremely pre-mature. Serena is good, but I dont think it is possible in today's game to win the Slam. Too much depth and competition. (That being said, I wouldnt be surprised if Serena stays healthy if she wins the other two majors).

2 - If Serena (who most felt was/is Justine's strongest competition) can not take a set off Justine in Paris ... who the hell can?

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
I don't think the competition currently is any harder than before. Let's look at the semifinalists.

Sharapova
Ivanovic
Jankovic
Henin

Of those, three of them have been steamrolled by Serena in straight sets on hard courts in the past year.

If Serena had gone on to win RG, I don't think there'd have been much competition at the other slams.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
just wasn't good enough today. Seems her serving is back, but movement needs work...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yeah, her footwork on clay was a mess. She looked slow and unsure of herself. Justine knows what to do on clay and she exposed Serena's movement on clay (lack thereof).

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
After Serena/Justine we are left with some really good competitive tennis players:worship: ...exciting and talented who are not only "pleasing to the eye":hearts: but exhibit great quality tennis as well. Hey! its all about "quality" and we're seeing lots of it!:worship: On we go...Jelena/Justine...Maria/Ana!! Bring it on!:bounce:

barmaid:wavey:

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
A few things.

1 - Obviously talk of the calendar Slam was extremely pre-mature. Serena is good, but I dont think it is possible in today's game to win the Slam. Too much depth and competition. (That being said, I wouldnt be surprised if Serena stays healthy if she wins the other two majors).
yes it is still possible for Serena to win the SLAM,
but you gotto see is that she was got injured and didnt get the right preparation
for this Clay Slam.

2 - If Serena (who most felt was/is Justine's strongest competition) can not take a set off Justine in Paris ... who the hell can?
Serena vs Justines matches this time is obviously so hyped up that didnt live to its expectation...
2 things to consider:
1- this is justines turf
2- Serena is so freaking unprepared....
only desperate fans would think that Serena would actually win this match..

how IGNORANT OF YOU to think that only Serena is can take a set off her.

Jankovic the hottest player on tour is still alive..!!
she has won 2 FREAKING CLAY TIER I titles while Justine has won a tier II.
And there Ivanovic who has won the only tier I where Justine has entered..!!!
dont forget Ivanovic BAGELLED Svetlana Kuznetsova on CLAY...
and no Justine has never done that..!!

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
.... last year Justine had not won ONE single clay tournament and still went on to win the RG :kiss: so your theory is as good as an ice-cream in the summer's sun (it melts).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts